3 bedroom semi-detached house for saleNorth Stream, Marshside, Canterbury, Kent
- 3 bedroom semi-detached home
- With generous plot of land of 1.483 acres
- Found in the beautiful rural village of Marshside
- Garage and outbuildings
- Highly flexible layout throughout
- EPC energy rating F (30)
Driving along the leafy countryside just outside the historic city of Canterbury we come across this beautiful family home that has bundles of potential for further development (subject to local planning consent).
The original part of the home dates back to the 1800’s and had various extensions built on in the 1920’s, 50's and 70's. The home is full of charm and offers highly flexible space throughout.
The current layout has a lovely sized lounge/diner which is a great space to relax and entertain. The family kitchen will be the perfect place to come up with your next stylish dish while keeping a close eye on the children doing their homework. There is a further reception room which could be used as a second lounge or snug. The study will provide the new owners the potential to live the dream and work from home. There is a downstairs cloakroom/utility and there is also a lean to that leads to the garden.
The first floor has three double bedrooms as well as a very generous sized family bathroom an ideal layout for the growing family.
Without doubt the garden is a delight with many outbuildings providing ample amounts of parking as well as workshops. There is even a thatched mini barn that has proved to be a wonderful addition to sit outside in all weathers drinking a cider or two.
The extra land has been enjoyed so much as the family have grown with cricket in the summer or harvesting the fruit trees in the autumn.
What the Owner says:
Our family including three children moved here in August 1977. The back garden was quite small but we were soon able to buy some extra land that had been a pear orchard. (The trees on the left still give fruit) This extra land soon became a cricket/hockey/football pitch for the lads! Outside we also put up a fruit cage (now with a dozen different varieties of soft fruit) and prepared a vegetable patch which has provided near self sufficiency for many years. Marchside is a lovely place to live, friendly neighbours, great countryside, a super pub and in a recent Times newspaper survey, was rated as one of the 50 best rural locations in the UK. Sadly, as I reach my mid 70's, the place has become rather too big for me on my own.
- Entrance Hall
- Sitting Room: 13'0 x 11'10 (3.97m x 3.61m)
- Study: 12'5 x 9'7 (3.79m x 2.92m)
- Breakfast Area: 12'5 x 9'8 (3.79m x 2.95m)
- Kitchen Area: 9'5 x 8'2 (2.87m x 2.49m)
- Utility Room
- Conservatory: 13'0 x 11'10 (3.97m x 3.61m)
- Lounge Area: 14'6 x 11'9 (4.42m x 3.58m)
- Dining Area: 13'4 x 11'9 (4.07m x 3.58m)
- Bedroom 2: 16'9 x 10'3 (5.11m x 3.13m)
- Bedroom 3: 14'8 x 12'6 (4.47m x 3.81m)
- Bedroom 1: 13'5 x 12'9 (4.09m x 3.89m)
- Front Garden
- Off Road Parking
- Rear Garden
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64173610.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 10345338. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Ward & Partners, Canterbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.