3 bedroom detached house for saleTopcroft Street, Topcroft, Bungay
- Wonderful conversion of historic chapel
- Three bedrooms
- Vaulted living room
- Bespoke kitchen
- Well planted gardens
A wonderful stylish home created within a charming historic building dating from the late twentieth century. The chapel retains many original features, and has a generous, landscaped garden.
Delf Chapel was built in 1898. It was designed by Edward Boardman and Sons of Norwich, and built by Brock and Sons of Aldeburgh. The chapel, which seated a congregation of one hundred, was built in memory of a local landowner and benefactor, Mr Samuel Newton Delf. Mr Delf was a friend of Jeremiah Colman, of Colmans Mustard. Mr Colman bequeathed £100 in his will towards the building of the Chapel. The current owners have undertaken a comprehensive programme of refurbishment to create a stylish home which retains the feel of the chapel it once was. Wherever possible, original features such as the parquet flooring and leaded windows have been retained. Any additions have been carried out sympathetically to the building, including custom decorative cast iron radiators throughout and wooden flooring. Externally, the chapel has a generous garden, surrounding the building, which has been recently professionally landscaped.
Having tall solid wood double doors from the side aspect, tiled flooring and a further set of sprung double doors opening into the Sitting Room.
This wonderful space has a high vaulted ceiling and retains the feeling of having formed part of the main hall when the property was in use as a chapel. The impressive main arched leaded window to the front aspect has been sympathetically restored. Also retained is the attractive parquet flooring. The fireplace houses a Charnwood wood-burning stove. This room also features painted wood panelling to the walls, while a staircase leads up to the gallery.
Flowing from the Sitting Room, this hall features parquet flooring and has a large, glazed display cupboard, and leads through to the two ground floor bedrooms, the Kitchen, Shower Room and Vestry.
This stylish kitchen is fitted with a bespoke range of painted wooden base units to two walls comprising a number of cupboard and drawer units having granite worksurfaces and back stands over, inset ceramic sink with mixer tap. There is also some fitted high level shelving providing further storage. Integrated appliances include an electric oven with induction hob over, fridge, freezer and washing machine. There is exposed wooden flooring and a wide leaded window to the side aspect.
This flexible use room formed the original Minister's Vestry, and has a door out to the side aspect, attractive Victorian style tiled floor and a cast iron feature fireplace. Leaded windows to the side aspect.
With leaded window to the side aspect and wooden flooring.
Once again this bedroom has a leaded window to the side aspect and exposed wooden flooring.
A contemporary Shower Room fitted with a large walk-in shower enclosure with both overhead 'monsoon' shower and hand held shower head, circular hand wash basin set onto a 'wash stand' with fitted storage and WC. Tiled flooring and leaded window to the side aspect.
This versatile space overlooks the Sitting Room and could readily be used as a further sitting area or study. Carefully designed cast iron balustrades provide an open feel and unobstructed view of the large window. As with much of the rest of the chapel this area has wooden flooring. There is access to an attic, which has been recently fully boarded and lit, extending to the full size of the chapel, with retractable ladder and skylight to the side aspect.
This stylish bathroom has a freestanding roll top claw foot bath with 'telephone' style mixer tap, WC and circular hand wash basin set on a vintage wash stand with storage under. Wooden flooring and skylight to the side aspect.
With two windows to the rear aspect and wooden flooring.
The chapel stands back from Topcroft Street with attractive cast iron railings, designed to reflect the originals, through which there is a pedestrian gate, and double gates giving access to a parking area. Paths flanked by areas of lawn lead round to the side of the chapel where the main entrance door can be found. This side of the chapel is paved and laid out as a knot garden. This paving continues to the rear of the chapel where there are two useful storage rooms and a sun terrace. From this area steps lead up to the main area of garden. This garden has been beautifully landscaped and includes flower beds and numerous fruit trees such as apple, plum, nectarine and apricots. Overlooking this area is a useful studio/cabin with power and lighting.
Topcroft is reputed to be the village where the first ever Valentines Day card was written in 1477, by Margery Brewse who lived in Topcroft Hall. It has a thriving community, with events organised throughout the year bringing the whole village together. These include Easter and Lent events, Open Gardens weekend in May, Summer Country Day, Summer Ball, Harvest and Christmas events, to name but a few. In addition to many regular community classes and activities, there is a renowned Cricket club in the village with nine teams ranging from the under 9s to the over 40s.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64194628.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference ZK1102008. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Norwich - Select Homes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.