6 bedroom detached house for saleBarondole Lane, Topcroft, Bungay
- Imposing Detached Period Farm House
- Offering Substantial Accommodation
- Potential for Dual Occupancy or Bed and Breakfast
- Six Bedrooms,
- Two Ensuite Bathrooms Four Reception Rooms
- Four Reception Rooms
- A Host Of Period Features
- Well Cared For By Current Owners
A substantial Grade II listed farm house, situated in the quiet rural village of Topcroft. The property offers substantial accommodation to suit a range of prospective purchasers, and could lend itself to bed & breakfast potential or dual occupancy for a family.
William H Brwon are delighted to be offering for sale this impressive Grade II listed farm house, situated in the quiet rural village of Topcroft on an attractive plot extending to 2.4 acres (stms). With a wealth of history, the property oozes charm and character, and offers substantial accommodation. The original house dates back to the Tudor era and offers beautiful fireplaces and exposed beams and timbers, whilst a Victorian addition provides high ceilings and full length, dual aspect sash windows, typical of this time.
This substantial property offers six bedrooms, two of which are en-suite and one benefiting from an additional dressing area plus a further family bathroom. On the ground floor, the property boasts an impressive entrance hall with four reception rooms including a morning room, library / office, family room and sitting/dining room featuring a stunning inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove; a kitchen breakfast room, separate utility room and bathroom complete the ground floor accommodation.
The property further boasts an attractive and generous attic space, accessed via a staircase tucked behind the inglenook fireplace in the sitting room. The attic space is equipped with power and heating and also offers a further room to the rear, enjoying views over the garden.
To the exterior of the property are attractive grounds extending to 2.4 acres (stms) laid mainly to lawn with feature pond. There are a range of outbuildings and a double garage which offers versatility and could be utilised as workshop or stable space for animals if required.
We strongly recommend a prompt viewing of this property in order to fully appreciate everything that this farmhouse has to offer to a prospective purchaser.
The property is set back from the road and is approached via a long, tree lined driveway leading from Barondole Road. The drive continues to the front, side and rear of the property, laid mainly to shingle, with lawned borders and established flower beds to the front of the house. The plot is mainly enclosed by fencing and mature trees.
Exposed solid wood flooring, stairs to first floor landing, radiator x2, glazed door to rear, doors to:
Morning Room 18' 4" x 14' 1" ( 5.59m x 4.29m )
Open fireplace with wooden surround, tiled hearth, fitted carpet, radiator x2, sash windows to front and side, door to:
Library / Office 18' 4" x 14' 1" ( 5.59m x 4.29m )
Open fireplace with marble surround, exposed wood flooring, sash windows to side and rear, radiator x2.
Fitted carpet, skylights x2, radiator, single glazed window to side, exposed beams, understairs cupboard, door to:
Utility Room 7' 3" x 8' 2" ( 2.21m x 2.49m )
Fitted range of base level units with complementary rolled edge work-surfaces over, inset 'Butler' sink, space for washing machine and tumble dryer, tiled flooring, radiator, single glazed window to rear.
Four piece suite comprising of a fully tiled shower cubicle, bath, wash hand basin, low level WC, half tiled surrounds, vinyl flooring, window to the rear aspect, ledge and brace door, radiator
Family Room 21' 4" x 28' 10" ( 6.50m x 8.79m )
Fireplace with woodburner and exposed brick, cast iron feature oven, exposed beams and timbers with brick based pillars, 'parquet' flooring, single glazed window to rear and side, french doors to side, radiator x2, latch and brace door to cupboard housing oil fired central heating boiler.
Sitting / Dining Room 18' 1" x 18' 1" ( 5.51m x 5.51m )
Inglenook fireplace with woodburner, exposed brick and brick hearth, tiled flooring, exposed beams and timbers, radiator x2, sash window to front, glazed door to front, stairs to first floor landing behind latch and brace door, hidden stairway curling behind inglenook fireplace leading to attic, door to:
Kitchen / Breakfast Room 15' 1" x 14' 1" ( 4.60m x 4.29m )
Fitted range of wall and base level units with complementary tiled rolled edge work-surfaces, inset one and a half bowls sink with mixer tap over, tiled splash-backs, space for 'Range' style cooker, cast iron functional bread oven, brick floor, exposed beams and timbers, sash window to front, glazed door to side, radiator x2.
First Floor Landing
Stairs from entrance hall, fitted carpet, gallery open landing, radiator, sash window to rear, airing cupboard housing hot water tank, door to:
Bedroom One 17' 1" x 14' 1" ( 5.21m x 4.29m )
Fitted carpet, sash window to side and rear, double wardrobes x2, cast iron fireplace, wash hand basin with vanity storage under, radiator.
Bedroom Two 14' 1" x 17' 1" ( 4.29m x 5.21m )
Fitted carpet, sash window to front and side, double wardrobe x2, cast iron fireplace, radiator, door to:
En-Suite Bathroom One
Four piece suite comprising low level WC, wash hand basin, bath with mixer tap and shower attachment over, tiled splash-backs, fully tiled shower cubicle with shower, fitted carpet, radiator, sash window to front, Jack and Jill door.
Stairs from Sitting Room, fitted carpet, exposed beams, radiator, internal window, door to:
Bedroom Three 9' 2" x 14' 5" ( 2.79m x 4.39m )
Fitted carpet, sash window to front, fireplace with wooden surround, radiator, exposed beams.
Bedroom Four 8' 6" x 14' 5" ( 2.59m x 4.39m )
Fitted carpet, sash window to front, radiator, exposed timbers and beams.
Bedroom Five 12' 2" x 15' 1" ( 3.71m x 4.60m )
Fitted carpet, sash window to front, cast iron fireplace with wooden surround, radiator, door to cupboard, exposed beams and timbers
Three piece suite comprising low level W.C., wash hand basin, corner bath with shower over, tiled splash-backs, laminate flooring, extractor fan, radiator, exposed beams and timbers.
Master Bedroom 14' 5" x 15' 1" ( 4.39m x 4.60m )
Fitted carpet, single glazed window to rear, radiator, built-in wardrobes x2, exposed beams and timbers:
Dressing Area 8' 10" x 4' 7" ( 2.69m x 1.40m )
Fitted carpet, door to:
En Suite Bathroom Two 5' 11" x 4' 11" ( 1.80m x 1.50m )
Three piece suite comprising low level WC, wash hand basin, shower cubicle, tiled splash-backs, vinyl flooring, extractor fan.
Attic Space 5' 11" x 4' 11" ( 1.80m x 1.50m )
Main attic space with stairs from Sitting Room/ Dining Room, exposed floorboards, exposed beams and timbers, single glazed window to side, radiator, velux window to rear, leading to latch and brace door to:
Rear Loft Office Space 14' 5" x 9' 2" ( 4.39m x 2.79m )
Boards and fitted carpet, exposed beams and timbers, single glazed window to rear, radiator, latch and brace door to cupboard housing hot water cylinder, power and light.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64196674.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
- Wymondham (10.6 mi)
Nearest schoolsUse the school checker
BroadbandShow average broadband speed at this postcode Average broadband speed within this postcode Finding the fastest speed... Up to Compare broadband deals
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Wymondham (10.6 mi)
To view this property or request more details, contact:
There are no nearby secondary schools found.
Due to the frequency with which Inspection bodies, such as Ofsted, provide us with updates, there could be a delay of up to 8 weeks between a rating being updated and it being displayed on Rightmove. This data is provided for informational purposes only and Rightmove plc does not accept any liability for decisions based on this data. The data is sourced from Experian and Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. Experian does not accept responsibility for any inference or conclusion derived from the data by third parties.
Disclaimer - Property reference BGY104017. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Bungay. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.