5 bedroom detached house for saleFairfield House, Upavon nr Pewsey
- Drawing room, Sitting room, Dining room
- Large Kitchen with Aga, Pantry, Laundry room
- Snug/Study, Conservatory, Laundry room & large Cellar
- Five Bedrooms, Four Bathrooms
- Master Bedroom with dressing room & large e/s Bathroom
- Games room/Home Office
- Large Walled Gardens, Glasshouse, Kitchen garden
- Garaging & parking
- Good village with thriving shop, pubs & doctors surgery
- Pewsey c. 5 miles with its mainline railway station & amenities
An exceptional five bedroom village house dating from the mid 19th century, set in extensive walled gardens and offering high levels of privacy. Formerly the doctor's house, Fairfield House offers elegant proportions, typical of the period, including pretty fireplaces, traditionally high ceilings, sash windows & shutters. There is a good balance between formal and informal living spaces with stylish decor throughout. The bedrooms are very comfortably arranged with delightful principal bedroom suite comprising bedroom, dressing room and large bathroom. Other guest bedrooms and a naturally contained guest wing comprising two bedrooms and bathroom. Overall, there are five bedrooms and three bathrooms, all well appointed. The house enjoys a relaxed feel centred around a large kitchen with bespoke cupboard units, Aga and large pantry. Adjacent to this is a breakfast room looking over the garden, study/snug, and other ancillary rooms. The more formal rooms comprise intercommunicating drawing room and sitting room and splendid dining room. Other useful rooms include conservatory, large cellar and home office.
Fairfield House sits in an overall plot of just less than an acre (0.96 acres) comprising primarily gardens laid to lawn with well stocked beds and borders. There are numerous trees, shrubs and extensive hedging. There is a large enclosed garden with ornamental pond which formerly housed a tennis court. There is a well screened kitchen garden with ornamental privet hedging, a large greenhouse and additional hard standing which was the site of a large glasshouse, now removed. To the side of the house lies a large gated driveway with generous gravelled parking and a double open-bay garage.
Fairfield House is situated on Chapel lane in the heart of the village of Upavon, situated some 4.5 miles south of Pewsey. The village is set in largely open countryside and enjoys strong local facilities including a good village shop, church, two pubs, a garage, doctors surgery, golf club and good walks/rides in the dramatic open scenery of the Vale of Pewsey / Salisbury plain. Trains for the commuter from Pewsey station (Express links to London Paddington -70 mins) Good road links to Salisbury, Devizes, Marlborough and Andover, as well as the A303/M3 & M4 motorways.
Excellent local schools in either the state or independent sectors. Including the excellent Dauntseys, St Francis prep, Rushall primary, Pewsey Vale & St Johns.
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Council Tax: Wiltshire Council, Devizes.
Tel: 0300 456 0100.
Directions: Upon entering the village on the A345 from Pewsey, take the first right turning into Jarvis Street. Proceed up the lane and Fairfield House can be found on the left hand side, as the road begins to rise. The gates to the drive are immediately on your left.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64217882.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26744651. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Manningford Croft Maclaine, Pewsey. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.