6 bedroom detached house for saleBishopsteignton, Devon
- Reception hall, Drawing room, Dining room, Study
- Kitchen/breakfast room, Utility, Cloakroom
- 5 first floor bedrooms (Master with en-suite)
- Family bathroom
- Shower room
- 2 second floor rooms, Bathroom and Cloakroom
- Useful cellars
- Double garage & single garage
- Extensive well stocked lawned gardens
St. John's House is the former Vicarage for the Parish of Bishopsteignton. The name originates from the John the Baptist Church which is situated opposite the house.
The house is classic late Georgian, believed to have been built around 1810 on the site of the original rectory which dates back to the 13th Century. Built of Devon Stone, it has colour washed rendered elevations under a slate roof. The current owner has undertaken a comprehensive and sympathetic refurbishment, retaining many original features including panelled interior doors, panelled doorways and splendid full length windows in the principal rooms. There is an impressive reception hall which leads to an elegant staircase, whilst the large drawing room runs the full width of the house, having lovely views over the gardens extending across the Estuary and distant countryside. The kitchen/breakfast room has been fitted with a quality range of units including a central island with granite worktops.
The first floor has a generous sized landing with the main bedrooms enjoying views of the Estuary and gardens. On the second floor there are two additional rooms, flexible in their use, with one initially intended as a cinema room.
St. John's House is situated in an elevated position within this popular Teign Estuary village. Bishopsteignton has a thriving community, church, primary school, pubs, post office and village shop. The towns of Teignmouth and Newton Abbot are both easily accessible providing a wider range of facilities including shops, leisure centres, schools, hospitals and train stations. Trinity Private School in Teignmouth is approx 2.5 miles away. The A380 dual carriageway is around 5 miles away, providing access to the Cathedral City of Exeter and the M5 motorway. Exeter also has an international airport with an increasing number of destinations.
From Exeter, head in the direction of Torquay on the A380. Join the A381 at Ware Barton roundabout heading towards Teignmouth. Once you reach the village of Bishopsteignton, proceed past Jack's Patch on the right, and take the last turning left, before leaving the village, into Church Road. Follow the road up towards the church and the entrance to St. John's House will be found opposite the church.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64392748.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TOP180069. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Wilkinson Grant & Co, Topsham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.