7 bedroom detached house for saleSnowdenham Lane, Bramley, Guildford, Surrey, GU5
- Main house with 6 bedrooms 6 bathrooms and 5 reception rooms
- Cottage with 2 living rooms bedroom kitchen and gym
- Detached home office and entertaining barn with games room
- Detached party barn
- Gardens and gounds with Garaging Tennis court and Swimming pool
- In all about 3 acres
Eastwater House has origins in the 15th Century, and was then extensively altered and extended with the orientation towards Eastwater Lake, befitting a `Gentleman's Residence' as it was described in the sales catalogue of 1879.
Within the last ten years the current owner has undertaken an extensive renovation of the house, the cottage and all the former barns to create a very special family home.
The property is situated on the fringe of Bramley Village which has good shops catering for daily needs, as well as the renowned St Catherine's School for girls. Within easy reach is Guildford, with first class shopping, a wide selection of restaurants, cinema and theatres. The main line station provides regular services to London Waterloo in about 38 minutes. The A3 at Guildford gives access to London and the south coast and via the M25 to Heathrow and Gatwick Airports.
The very private and peaceful gardens and grounds are a particularly fine feature. Their design and renovation were overseen by renowned garden designer Fiona Lawrenson; winner of two gold medals for her show gardens at Chelsea.
Highlights include the impressive courtyard with its water feature, stone steps and retaining walls, the large stone terrace running the full width of the garden elevation, the swimming pool and surrounding terrace, hard surface tennis court and the beautiful planting schemes throughout the property with private garden and barbecue area. The grounds also feature outdoor lighting with stunning views over Eastwater Lake.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference GUC160010. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hamptons International Sales, Guildford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.