7 bedroom link detached house for saleStrathfield Gardens, Barking, Essex
- Over 60s only under Homewise's lifetime lease plan
- Discounts range from 8.5% to 59%
- The actual price you will pay depends on your age, personal circumstances and property criteria
- Call for a personalised quote
- 7 bedroom link-detached Victorian house
- Close to Barking Station and Barking Park
- Lots of character
- Off street parking and Garage
- Perfect for large families
- EPC energy rating E (53)
PURCHASING THIS PROPERTY WITH A LIFETIME LEASE
This property is offered at a reduced price for people aged over 60 through Homewise´s Home for Life Plan. Through the Home for Life Plan, anyone aged over sixty can purchase a lifetime lease on this property which discounts the price from its full market value. The size of the discount you are entitled to depends on your age, personal circumstances and property criteria and could be anywhere between 8.5% and 59% from the property´s full market value. The above price is for guidance only. It is based on our average discount and would be the estimated price payable by a 69-year-old single male. As such, the price you would pay could be higher or lower than this figure.
For more information or a personalised quote, just give us a call. Alternatively, if you are under 60 or would like to purchase this property without a Home for Life Plan at its full market price of £995,000, please contact Douglas Allen.
This is one of a kind as it is an exceptional house in the Barking area just off Longbridge Road close to Barking Park and Barking Station.
The property is link-detached Victorian style with an attached garage to the side and there is also a driveway to accommodate 2/3 cars.
As you walk up to the property you cannot escape the size of it as it really has the kerb appeal. Walking through the front door you enter a grand hallway with high ceilings, period features and parquet flooring.
The room sizes are very impressive and have to be viewed in person to appreciate the character.
The original stain glass windows are magnificent and allow in a variety of colour to flow through the house as the sun is shines throughout.
The property has been extended into the loft space which has given it seven bedrooms in total on the first and second floor and a study room.
On the ground floor there is a large drawing room, separate lounge and dining room, a kitchen/breakfast room with the added addition of a sun room.
The garden has been landscaped and well kept and also has a secret bomb shelter hidden away!
What the Owner says:
We fell in love with this property as soon as we saw it from the outside. It was the largest property we have seen in the area and liked the Victorian look to it.
As we walked through the front door, we loved the character, the rooms sizes and the potential.
Over time we have extended the property and utilised the substantial loft and created three additional bedrooms and an en-suite.
We have taken great care to incorporate the period features and modern conveniences, making this a lovely family house.
- Lounge: 15'3 x 12'11 (4.65m x 3.94m)
- Dining Room: 16'1 x 12'11 (4.91m x 3.94m)
- Drawing Room: 20'1 x 15'0 (6.13m x 4.58m)
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 22'3 x 10'1 (6.79m x 3.08m)
- Sun Room: 27'2 x 7'1 (8.29m x 2.16m)
- Bedroom 3: 15'9 x 10'10 (4.80m x 3.30m)
- Bedroom 4: 16'2 x 12'1 (4.93m x 3.69m)
- Bedroom 5: 15'2 x 11'0 (4.63m x 3.36m)
- Bedroom 6: 13'2 x 8'9 (4.02m x 2.67m)
- Bedroom 7: 8'10 x 7'8 (2.69m x 2.34m)
- Dressing Room Area
- Shower Room
- Separate Toilet
- Bedroom 1 with En-suite: 21'11 x 11'1 (6.68m x 3.38m) narrowing to 14'6 x 8'2 (4.42m x 2.49m)
- Bedroom 2: 10'1 x 9'2 (3.08m x 2.80m)
- Study: 24'5 x 6'8 (7.45m x 2.03m)
- Garage to side: 16'1 x 9'7 (4.91m x 2.92m)
- Off Street Parking
- Rear Garden
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose. Suitable as a retirement home.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64728691.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 52014225. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Homewise, Worthing. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.