3 bedroom detached house for saleBar Road, Helford Passage, Falmouth
- Click on the "Video Tour" Tab to see the beauty of the area and the lifestyle this property offers.
- Exceptionally desirable address
- 3 bedrooms
- In need of updating
- Large reception room
- Direct access to Budock Vean Golf Course
- Views towards Helford River
- Large plot
Charming house with great potential set in an elevated position with views through to the spectacular Helford River. The house stands proudly in the centre of its delightful plot with ample garden at both front and rear and water views from the ground and first floor levels.
A wide terrace provides access to the entrance which opens to a broad hallway leading through to a spacious sitting room. This generous room opens into a conservatory with French doors back out to the terrace making a very social space for entertaining. On the opposite side of the hall is a generous kitchen set to the rear as well as a convenient study. The dining room is nicely positioned to the front so that it enjoys views over the garden. The first floor landing is generous and has a great view out over the gardens to the river. The master bedroom benefits from a dressing room and ensuite, taking the complete western end of the house as well as a lovely view. There are two further generous bedrooms and a family bathroom, as well as a walk in wardrobe. The property could easily be updated and extended to really maximise its position with potential for a further bedroom over the garage.
The front garden is beautiful, best enjoyed from the terrace, which works exceptionally well in conjunction with the conservatory when entertaining. The view is very attractive, framed by the shrubs and trees with further potential to improve this aspect. The gardens are beautiful in spring, planted with azalea, heather, pink camellias, a gorgeous magnolia tree and daffodils, providing an abundance of colour that combines with specimen shrubs and trees. A gate at the rear leads directly onto the Budock Vean Golf Course. The driveway runs along one side of the gardens providing easy access to the linked garage which also has ample storage for boats and cars.
Location - Bar Road has, for many years, been regarded as The Address in the south Cornwall area, mainly for its wonderful elevated position affording great views of the river, peace and quiet, as well as the great number of outdoor and lifestyle activities that are in the area.
There is a footpath providing a route to the beach, and also to the Ferryboat Inn for a well earned drink. In addition, the Budock Vean Hotel is within a few hundred metres of The Shieling and
offers excellent facilities including tennis courts, golf course, spa and a good restaurant. For sailing and boating enthusiasts, there are some of the best sailing waters in the country on the renowned Helford River which also leads out in to Falmouth Bay. For keen gardeners, the amazing Trebah and Glendurgan Gardens are both within a mile of The Shieling. The pretty village of Mawan Smith is approximately 1.5 miles away and offers a convenience store for all day to day needs.
Distances - • Budock Vean Hotel: 500 Metres (Restaurant, Spa, Golf, Tennis)
• Anna Maria Creek: 1 Mile (Boating and Walking)
• Helford Passage: 1/2 Mile (Sailing)
• Ferry Boat Inn: 1/2 Mile (Food and Drink)
• Glendurgan Gardens: 3/4 Mile
• Trebah Gardens: 800 Metres
• Port Navas: 1 Mile
Mawnan Smith: 1.5 Miles
• Falmouth: 6 Miles
• Truro: 14 Miles
• Newquay Airport: 31 Miles
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64765801.html?premiumA=true
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27196077. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Rohrs & Rowe, Cornwall. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.