2 bedroom flat for saleThe Old Blue School, Old Isleworth
- Newly converted luxury apartments
- Grade ll listed building, formerly a school
- Choice of two or three bedrooms
- Upper flats boast private roof terraces
- Luxury fitted kitchens and bathrooms
- Video entry-phone system
- Allocated parking
- Retaining a wealth of period features including a feature clock-tower and weathervane
The Old Blue School is a unique collection of just six, two and three bedroom apartments, which have been newly converted within this architecturally impressive Grade II listed former school.
Each apartment has been meticulously and thoughtfully renovated and boasts luxury bathrooms, beautifully equipped kitchens and allocated parking.
This stunning period building was originally constructed in 1841 to replace the Isleworth Parochial School (hence the IPS on the weathervane) and is one of the most prominent buildings in Old Isleworth, fronting Lower Square, within a few yards of the River Thames. The property still retains a wealth of original period features including expansive lancet windows, battlemented parapets and the quite remarkable restored clock-tower and weathervane.
Having been lovingly and thoughtfully renovated, this historic property has now been converted into six very special apartments, with the upper units benefitting from private roof terraces with Thermory thermo-treated ash decking. The apartments boast luxurious bathrooms with Duravit basins, Crosswater taps & shower valves, as well as quality kitchens with bespoke Dove Grey finished handle-less cupboards, Quartz worktops and Siemens/Bosch appliances. There is beautiful oak parquet flooring throughout with plumbed underfloor heating, whilst the tiled bathrooms have electric underfloor heating.
The grand communal entrance boasts Bateig Blue Limestone tiles and stairs to the first floor with a glass balustrade, whilst there are Banham security locks and video entry-phone systems to all flats. Each apartment will also have the benefit of one allocated parking space.
Situated in the heart of Old Isleworth, The Old Blue School is just 50 yards from the River Thames, whilst the charming London Apprentice, a Georgian riverside pub, is within 2 minutes’ walk. Across the river from Richmond's Old Deer Park and Kew Gardens, Old Isleworth is a pretty village with a beautifully preserved centre. There are a variety of schools close by, including The Green School, The Blue School and Gumley House Convent School. The historic Syon House and vast green space of Syon Park are within just a few minutes’ walk, whilst St Margarets and Isleworth Stations are both about 1 mile away and Richmond town centre is a pleasant 30 minute walk along the tow-path.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-64833589.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27764051. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Chase Buchanan, Isleworth & Osterley. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.