5 bedroom detached house for saleWest Buckland, Kingsbridge, Devon, TQ7
- Fabulous converted chapel
- Between Bantham and Thurlestone
- Just over 1/2 mile from Bantham beach
- Sympathetically converted retaining character features
- Light, bright and spacious
- Pretty village location
The Old Chapel is simply stunning. The front arched door opens to the Entrance Hall with a wonderful brick arch, door to the Cloakroom and stairs to the lower floor. Double doors lead into the Sitting /Dining Room a wonderful brightly lit room having feature arched windows affording views to the surrounding countryside with part vaulted ceilings, exposed roof trusses and central circular log effect gas fire set on slate shelf. At one end is an archway and step taking you down to the Kitchen/Breakfast Room. Another stunning room with arched windows, stripped pine floors, fitted units and a central island with breakfast bar. The Rear Lobby has stairs down to a Store Room with shower and access to the garden. On the Lower floor there is a Family Bathroom, Utility Room and 5 double bedrooms, 3 having en-suites. Outside the front paved garden has steps to a side patio. A timber 5 bar gate opens to a large gravelled parking area with gate to the private lawned rear garden and patio seating area where you can sit and enjoy the views across the valley plus a useful garden store.
West Buckland is an unspoilt large hamlet located just inland from the coast and enjoying peace and tranquillity, being away from main road traffic and set within a valley which is protected from the prevailing wind. Nearby are the better known coastal villages of Thurlestone and Bantham. Thurlestone is renowned for its 18-hole links golf course but also has some fine beaches, a village inn, a shop, church and a hotel which offers country club facilities to non-residents, including squash courts, swimming pool and a 9-hole golf course.
On the other side of West Buckland lies Bantham which is arguably one of the prettiest villages in the South Hams being at the mouth of the River Avon and protected by sand dunes and vast expanses of golden beach. The market town of Kingsbridge is close at hand, as is the famous sailing centre of Salcombe on another delightful South Hams estuary.
• Detached converted Chapel
• 5 double bedrooms
• 3 en-suites and 1 bathroom
• Large open plan sitting/dining room
• Feature central gas fire
• Stunning kitchen/breakfast room
• Arched windows, vaulted ceilings, exposed roof trusses
• Utility, internal store and garden store
• Private rear garden, lovely views
• Ample parking
Money Laundering Regulations
Prior to a sale being agreed, prospective purchasers will be required to produce identification documents. Your co-operation with this, in order to comply with Money Laundering regulations, will be appreciated and assist with the smooth progression of the sale.
Mains electricity and water. Bottled gas. Private drainage. Oil fired boiler.
Fixtures and Fittings
All items in the written text of these particulars are included in the sale. All others are expressly excluded regardless of inclusion in any photographs. Purchasers must satisfy themselves that any equipment included in the sale of the property is in satisfactory order.
Very strictly by appointment only through Marchand Petit Prime Waterfront & Country House Department 01548 857588.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65130853.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KIN170201. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Marchand Petit, Kingsbridge - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.