5 bedroom apartment for saleThe Monastery, Woodleigh, Kingsbridge, Devon, TQ7
- Two storey 5-bedroom property with garage
- Grade II Listed
- Spacious open plan living/dining room
- Superb contemporary kitchen recently fitted by Barnes of Ashburton
- 2 en-suites, shower room and WC, separate utility room
- Built-in wardrobes in all bedrooms
- Oak staircase and flooring and sash windows
- Oak display sills and window seats
- Video entry system
- Direct access onto private garden area
The Monastery is steeped in history, having been built by Trappist Monks in the early 1900s. It has been transformed into eight exceptional residences each one having been individually designed and finished to an exceptionally high standard.
Being located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty the Monastery enjoys a wonderful sense of tranquillity. The surrounding private country estate of 80 acres provides a haven for wildlife and benefits from a mile stretch of the beautiful River Avon. Owners of the residences have privileged right to wander freely, exploring the woods and meadows and fishing for trout and salmon on the river.
The Monastery is situated less than a mile from the village of Woodleigh, a popular village, there are also excellent communications to Totnes and the A38 Devon Expressway. The nearby village of Loddiswell has a local primary school, shops, pub and Kingsbridge, being 5 miles to the south, provides an extensive range of shops, leisure centre with indoor swimming pool, library and schools and churches.
Monks Retreat is a superb 2 storey 5-bedroom residence being part of an old monastery, set within a beautiful 80-acre estate with fishing rights, tennis court, luxury swimming pool, gym, sauna, hot-tub and steam room. The occupiers of the monastery also have the benefit of a full conserierge service to include the maintenace and upkeep of the property, grounds, security and day to day running of the estate.
Money Laundering Regulations
Prior to a sale being agreed, prospective purchasers will be required to produce identification documents. Your co-operation with this, in order to comply with Money Laundering regulations, will be appreciated and assist with the smooth progression of the sale.
Mains electricity and water. Private drainage. Calor gas central heating. Underfloor heating in Utility.
The property is leasehold for a term of 999 years from 2008.
Fixtures and Fittings
All items in the written text of these particulars are included in the sale. All others are expressly excluded regardless of inclusion in any photographs. Purchasers must satisfy themselves that any equipment included in the sale of the property is in satisfactory order.
Very strictly by appointment only through Marchand Petit (Kingsbridge office) 01548 857588.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65194966.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference PWC180018. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Marchand Petit, Kingsbridge - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.