5 bedroom detached house for salePen Y Lan, Ruabon, Wrexham, Clwyd
- A substantial detached farmhouse
- Light airy rooms with high ceilings
- Wonderful entertaining rooms
- 2 patios and a level lawn for al-fresco living
- Peaceful location on a no-through lane
- Many rooms have dual aspect with large sash windows
- Kitchen breakfast room with slate flagstone flooring and woodburner
- Large utility room
- Useful garage
- A further 15 acres of land available by separate negotiation
This impressive detached, five bedroomed farmhouse, is beautifully presented throughout, with large, flexible reception rooms. It is in a secluded countryside location and was originally restored as part of a beautifully done restoration project which included two barn conversions, found below Graig Farm.
The property comprises a generous 3,374 square feet of accommodation, with well-proportioned and attractive reception rooms on the ground and lower ground floors.
Large sash windows throughout the house help to create a light and airy atmosphere, with many rooms having dual aspect views.
The extensive kitchen and breakfast room has slate flagstone flooring, appealing wooden units, a wooden island, a range cooker and space for a breakfast table. The kitchen has double doors leading to a level lawned garden. The dining room, currently used as a playroom, has a woodburning stove and floor-to-ceiling storage. The sitting room has a woodburning stove with built-in bookcases and cupboards either side, and exposed timber floorboards. From the hall and through the front door is a screened patio. In the corner of the kitchen is a staircase to a second utility/storage room and the office, as well as a back door to a second patio.
Upstairs, the substantial master bedroom has an en suite bathroom, with a separate shower unit. The second double bedroom benefits from an en suite shower room, and built in wardrobes. There are an additional three bedrooms and a family bathroom, as well as a useful airing cupboard.
The property is near the small village of Pen Y Lan, surrounded by beautiful rolling countryside, three miles east of Ruabon, and not far from Wrexham.
Local amenities can be found in Ruabon, including several shops, a post office, a medical centre and several pubs. The village also has a mainline station, providing services to Wrexham and Shrewsbury, while there are excellent road connections nearby, with the A483 giving easy access into Chester to the north, and mid-Wales and the West Midlands, including Birmingham, to the south. Wrexham, with its excellent shopping, large supermarkets and leisure facilities, is only 7 miles away.
Accessed via a wooden five-bar gate, the property has plenty of space for parking, in addition to the detached double garage.
The house is surrounded by delightful, wellmaintained gardens, and includes extensive lawns and a large meadow area. With woods to one side, open fields over a hill to the other
side, and found on a on a no-through lane, the property is set in a peaceful location, providing an idyllic retreat.
At the top of the garden is an additional 15 acres of land, available by separate negotiation.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65661745.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CHS180110. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Chester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.