4 bedroom detached house for saleHadlow Castle, High Street, Tonbridge, Kent
Offers in Excess of
- Media room, castle drawing room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room
- Master bedroom with stunning ensuite bathroom, 3 further bedrooms, 3 further bathrooms (2 ensuite), 2 further upper floors.
- Fully serviced lift to the principal living accommodation, 2 staircases, roof terrace
- Private garden and parking, communal castle estate grounds with croquet lawn and ornamental boating lake
- About 3.45 acres (2.89 acres communal grounds and 0.56 acre private grounds)
The Tower is an enchanting property and one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in the country. It is a Grade I Listed folly and considered to be the tallest of its kind in the world. The property has been the subject of a meticulous restoration and refurbishment programme five years ago and now provides beautifully presented accommodation over the principal first five floors. The restoration won the prestigious Angel Award for its quality of craftsmanship. Linked by a fully serviced lift and complimented by two turret staircases. The rooms enjoy impressive ceiling heights and fabulous views. There remains further potential on the sixth floor to create further living space, the seventh and eighth floors give access to the parapet-walkway, which affords the finest 360 degree panoramic views in Kent. The Tower is the essence of fairy tale romanticism. The gorgeous honey coloured elevations pierced by classic Gothic windows and ornate details are something very special indeed. In all about 3,488 sq ft.
Hadlow Tower is situated in the centre of Hadlow village. The village benefits from a good range of local services including a doctor’s surgery, dentist, school, chemist, post office, several shops, pubs and a restaurant. A more comprehensive range of educational, recreational and shopping facilities, together with main line station serving London Cannon Street/Charing Cross can be found at both Tonbridge and Sevenoaks.
There is an excellent range of both private and state schools in the area including Sevenoaks School, Tonbridge School, the schools at Somerhill, Hildon Grange and the grammar schools in Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells. Access to the M25 at Sevenoaks (A21) and the M25/M26/M20 is at Wrotham Heath ensures quick communications with, Gatwick, Heathrow and Stansted airports, the Channel Tunnel, Ashford International and London Docklands, commutable by car.
The Hadlow Tower, its private garden and woodland shown on the plan shaded pink is freehold. The land coloured green is communal gardens for use by the owner of Hadlow Tower
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65661943.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LON170110. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, National Country House Department. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.