2 bedroom apartment for saleSandy Bay Cottage, 24 St James Place, Kinghorn
- PERFECT HOME OR HOLIDAY LET
- DINING KITCHEN
- 2 BEDROOMS (MASTER EN-SUITE)
- SHOWER ROOM
- 40 STEPS TO BEACH!
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY RATING E
List of requirements for a holiday home, or even better place to live all year round;
1. Located in a small, attractive village with harbour and beach? TICK
2. Close to several main centres with all their extensive facilities? TICK
3. Possibly a train station? TICK
4. If possible, sea views from the home and I know it's nearly impossible, but easy access to a beach TICK TO BOTH
5. Attractive facade, possibly stone with a character interior that blends town, country and beach TICK
6. In walk in condition with modern kitchen, bathroom and every room modernised A HUGE TICK.
7. Often in villages parking is a real problem. So a garage a lovely luxury TICK
This unique property meets all these requirements. Because Kinghorn is a desirable coastal village less than 4 miles from what has been described as the capital of Fife, Kirkcaldy. Because there is a station in Kinghorn and definitely because the bay windows in lounge and master bedroom frame a view to the water. Forty lovely steps take you to the beach!
It meets all 7 wants and in addition to all of the above, the lower level home is set within a handsome building of stone facade. Subjects appreciate an impressive interior that boasts spacious hall, front lounge, 2 bedrooms, dining kitchen and fully tiled shower room. The front facing master is itself, served by en-suite shower room. Included with extras are quality flooring, recessed downlighting, tiled floor and walls, integrated kitchen appliances and an interior where every room will appeal. There is double glazing and electric heating.
Lock up garage is part of the property title.
So to live here by the water is a delightful option. To own a holiday home even better. One you could enjoy, rent out or retire to. Don't let this opportunity pass.
Kinghorn is a town and parish in Fife, but as importantly a seaside resort with two beaches, Kinghorn Beach and Pettycur Bay, Furthermore it is a fishing port, istanding on the north shore of the Firth of Forth, opposite Edinburgh.
It has a primary school, a station and shops for every day needs. There are coffee shops, local pubs, a dentist and doctors. Kirkcaldy is less than 4 miles north.
Pass the harbour taking in beach and sea views, then turn towards Sandy Bay Cottage. The outer door takes you into a long hall with doors to lounge, dining kitchen, both bedrooms and shower room. Built into hall is double cloaks cupboard.
LOUNGE 15 x 12'3
This is a delightful apartment due to the presentation and finish, set off by recessed down lighting.
The principal appeal is however the aspect. Framed by double glazed bay window, it is illustrated below.
View from lounge window.
DINING KITCHEN 11'2 x 9'4 6'6 x 2'8
Appointed to rear of home, this "L" shaped kitchen offers ample space for dining furniture. Wall and base storage units with complimentary worktop surfaces. One and a half bowl stainless steel sink and drainer.
Integrated appliances include electric hob, oven and cooker hood. A room of double aspect with picture windows on both sides. Larder cupboard is ideal area for fridge/freezer.
The room is beautifully finished with tiled floor.
MASTER BEDROOM 16 x 12'3
Spacious, attractive and completed with a double glazed bay window that offers a view to the water!
Shelved press cupboard. Served by en-suite.
EN-SUITE SHOWER ROOM 11'5 x 4'2
A modern, tiled apartment with suite to include wc, pedestal wash hand basin and double sized shower cubicle.
Finished with recessed down lighting.
VIEW FROM MASTER BEDROOM.
BEDROOM 2 11'4 x 6'10
Second bedroom is again appointed off hall. Accommodates double bed.
Side facing window is double glazed.
Wc, wash hand basin in vanity unit and shower serve fully tiled (floor and walls) shower room. Extractor fan. Recessed down lighting.
Small garden at front with path. In truth private but a viewing platform for the water.
Forty steps takes you to the beach. Not a view of, or indeed a short drive, but onto the sand!
LOCK UP GARAGE
Lock up garage.
Electric heating; Double glazing; Integrated kitchen appliances
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65662519.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference REM1002381. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Regents Estates & Mortgages, Dalgety Bay. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.