2 bedroom character property for saleHigh Street, Flamstead
Withdrawn from Market
- 17th Century Grade II Listed Cottage
- Full of Character & Charm
- Slate Floor & Exposed Beams
- Lounge with Feature Inglenook
- Fitted Kitchen
- Dining Area with Wood Burner
- Utility/Boot Room
- Ground Floor Shower Room
- 2 Double Bedrooms
- South Facing garden
"Squeakers Garret", meaning room in the roof, is a charming and beautifully presented 17th Century Grade II listed character cottage, located in one of Hertfordshires most desirable villages. This fine home offers discerning buyers the chance of idyllic village life, yet within close proximity to excellent transport links and the cathedral city of St. Albans.
Once inside there is a prolification of character features on show, from the exposed beams and slate floors to the superb original inglenook fireplace. Downstairs is mainly divided between the fitted kitchen/dining area with its own fireplace and woodburning stove and the dual aspect lounge, dominated by the aforementioned inglenook and open fireplace. A utility/boot room off the kitchen and a shower room complete the ground floor. The sense of history continues as you venture upstairs, high ceilings, low doorways and more beams are prevelant in both of the double bedrooms. The landing has been cleverly utilised to house built in wardrobes.
The attractive rear garden is South facing, which makes this a highly desirable haven for relaxing and entertaining. There are raised beds, with mature plants and shrubs, a small lawn and a lovely blockwork patio.
This beautiful historic home is perfect for those who want character, charm and quality.
NB: Some photos used, were taken last year.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 3745739. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Redbourn. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.