5 bedroom country house for saleLowdales, Hackness, Scarborough
- Idyllic Country Residence in Picturesque Hackness
- Finished to an Exceptional Standard Throughout
- Circa 2,750 sq ft Living Accommdation + Double Garage
- Triple Stable Block + Circa 1 Acre Grassed Paddock
- The Site Extends to Approximately 2.5 Acres
- Ideal for Equestrian Use or a Variety of Country Pursuits
Idyllically situated in the picturesque hamlet of Lowdales, near Hackness, Lowdales Cottage is a quite beautiful detached residence which has been thoughtfully extended in the last decade. The property provides five bedroom accommodation, together with stables and paddock, set within approximately 2.5 acres of grounds, incorporating Lowdales Beck and mature woodlands, with stunning views to Whisperdales and Silpho. The property retains many original features and is well-balanced and spacious at just under 3000 sq ft., with characterful rooms enjoying contrasting views over the gardens and countryside beyond. In short, this is a fantastic opportunity to acquire this magnificent family home in a fabulous rural location.
The property dates back to the 17th Century and lies in a quite charmingand rural part of The North York Moors National Park. The originalhouse is Grade II Listed with sandstone walls and pantile roof andoffers beautifully appointed accommodation of immensecharm and character and is presented in excellent order, centring arounda 'Hovingham Interiors' bespoke fitted kitchen with matt graniteworktops and AGA. In 2009, the original property was sympatheticallyextended; adding an oak constructed garden room, glass walkway, featurelounge with vaulted ceiling and skylights, two further bedrooms, showerroom and integrated double garage. A detached stable block, lyingadjacent to the paddock, was also constructed at this time.
Lowdales Cottage lies in the small hamlet of Lowdales at the head of the valley in the North York Moors National Park some 1.5 miles north of Hackness village. It is a picturesque setting and is approached via an adopted road with two fords and then a private drive. From Hackness Village School, turn right over the bridge and proceed along the road for approximately 1.25 miles where Lowdales Cottage is to be found.
Country homes of this style, quality and location are rarely available and as such could appeal to a variety of potential buyers particularly those with equestrian interests. Early viewing is considered essential.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 8857087. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by CPH Property Services, Scarborough - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.