5 bedroom detached house for saleColey Avenue, Reading
- Exceptional detached period home
- Retaining many original features
- Set in established grounds of approx 1/3 acre
- 2,600sq ft over 3 floors
- 3 reception rooms
- 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Garage, workshop, bicycle store
- Ample driveway parking
- Walk to town centre, station and shops
- Easy access to M4, M25, A34 & Heathrow
An exceptional detached 5 bedroom Victorian family home situated in a highly sought after central conservation area and within grounds of approx. one third of an acre. All within walking distance to Reading town centre and mainline train station.
Overview - An exceptional detached 5 bedroom Victorian family home situated in a highly sought after central conservation area and within grounds of approx. one third of an acre.
• Charming period home, beautifully restored and retaining many original features
• Detached property with approx. 2,600 sq.ft accommodation arranged over three floors.
• Set in established and private grounds approaching 1/3 acre
• Currently used as a family home and business practice
• Detached workshop within grounds
• Within walking distance of the town centre and mainline station.
The property is a striking house of original period charm, beautifully restored and brought up to date by the current Vendors. There is further potential to enhance and extend (subject to planning) to create an outstanding and versatile home. Set in private grounds approaching one third of an acre.
The ground floor accommodation comprises feature porch, 29’ kitchen/breakfast room with doors to the garden, access through to bicycle store and garage. Large entrance hall, elegant sitting room, dining room, snug, study, utility room and cloakroom.
Staircase from the entrance hall leads to a spacious landing, master bedroom, two further double bedrooms and family bathroom complete the first floor accommodation. Stairs to the second floor with two bedrooms/sitting room and bathroom.
To the front of the property is a large driveway with parking for several cars and turning area. A pretty garden gate leads through to the captivating rear garden. Partially walled with terraces for entertaining. A large mature lawn and trees lead to a well-stocked vegetable patch with fruit trees. A large workshop is situated at the bottom of the garden.
Ground Floor - • Entrance Hall
• Kitchen/breakfast room
• Sitting Room
• Dining Room
• Utility Room
• Bicycle Store
First Floor - • Bedroom 1
• Bedroom 2
• Bedroom 3
• Shower room
Second Floor - • Bedroom 4
• Bedroom 5
Outside - • Rear gardens of approx 1/3 acre
• Large driveway with turning area
Location - Located within Reading town centre, a few minutes from the mainline train station and the Oracle complex. A popular spot for commuters who work in London, Reading has great transports both for commuting to London and for travelling elsewhere in the UK. The bustling centre is surrounded by beautiful countryside, the rural surroundings and the river Thames and Kennet Canal.
Schools - There are many well respected private and state schools in the area including, All Saints Junior School, 0.48 km- Ofsted 1 Outstanding (August 2016) The Abbey, Queen Anne’s, Leighton Park, Reading School, Kendrick Girls Grammar and Reading Blue Coat.
Transport Links - Reading West Railway Station: 0.8 km
Reading Railway Station: 1.4 km
Junction: M4 J12/A4 - 5.73 Km
All distances approximate
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65954474.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26920730. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Patrick Williams, Pangbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.