5 bedroom detached house for saleMain Street, Solva, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA62
- GRADE II LISTED 5 BED DETACHED GEORGIAN MERCHANTS VILLA
- DETACHED THREE STOREY COACH HOUSE WITH COMMERCIAL SPACE & P.P FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT
- TIERED GARDENS & LARGE GREENHOUSE/WORKSHOP
- CENTRE OF POPULAR HARBOUR VILLAGE & RAISED FROM ROAD LEVEL
- 3 MILES FROM ST. DAVIDS & MOMENTS FROM PEMBROKESHIRE’S TERRIFIC COASTLINE
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY HEATING SOURCE (BIOMASS BOILER)
- SYMPATHETICALLY RENOVATED TO PROVIDE MODERN DAY NEEDS
- INTERESTING HISTORY DATING BACK TO 1832
A gracious, prestigious, and sympathetically modernised home, situated in the centre of the harbour village of Solva, with a detached three storey coach house, offering commercial premises on the ground floor and planning permission to further develop the first and second floors. A substantial rear garden arranged into tiered, enjoyable spaces totals nearly half an acre. Built in 1832, Tan-Yr-Allt (Under the Hill), was constructed as a merchant’s villa, for a sea trader named Richard Williams, who resided at the property when managing his fleet of 6 clippers in the nearby harbour, at a time when commercial sea trading in West Wales was nearing its peak. The property’s architecture is typical of its period, with a double fronted symmetrical façade with sash windows, and it is constructed with a mixture of local dressed stone – including quoins of ‘carer bwdy’ stone and walls of Pembrokeshire granite. A Virginia creeper plant provides colour and added character to the front.
Offering 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and 3 reception rooms, this elegant home and former B&B, has been lovingly renovated by its current owners, who have enjoyed its ambience and environment for over 18 years. Many of the principle rooms’ original floors have been lifted to allow for the installation of damp proof coursing and under floor heating, and an environmentally friendly and financially lucrative biomass heating system has been installed to provide hot water and heating to both properties.
Moments from the property one can enjoy the beautiful harbour popular with sailing enthusiasts, and the villages’ range of cafes, restaurants, and pubs. Solva also offers a shop with post office, and a doctor’s surgery. Numerous footpaths provide walks in all directions. Pembrokeshire’s coastal path connects Solva with nearby Gwadn and Newgale to the south and Caerfai to the north, with many fascinating coves in between. The UK’s smallest city, St Davids, is three miles to the north, and Pembrokeshire’s county town of Haverfordwest is 13 miles to the South East.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65975098.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference FAC170061. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine and Country, Narberth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.