4 bedroom detached house for saleHenley, Dorchester, Dorset
- Four Bedrooms and Dressing Room
- Three Bath/Shower Rooms
- Drawing Room with Cross-beamed Ceiling and Inglenook
- Dining Room with Plank and Muntion Screen
- Study and T.V Room
- South-west Facing Kitchen with Aga
- Hall, Utility and Cloakroom
- Barn Providing Garaging, Workshop and Storage
- Other Outbuildings
- Mature and Secluded Gardens, in all 1 Acre
In many ways Henley Old Farm is the epitome of a thatched Dorset farmhouse, and is listed as being of architectural and historical importance Grade II.
On the ground floor there is a central hallway with flagstone floor. The drawing room has a cross beamed ceiling and an inglenook fireplace with intact bread oven. A door from the drawing room leads through to the south-facing study with bookcase and French casements to the terrace. There is a very atmospheric dining room with a plank and muntion screen, beamed ceiling and beamed fireplace (not in use). There is a small children's t.v. room which has direct access through to the attached barn. With a south-west aspect is a light and well-fitted kitchen, together with an Aga cooker, and bay with French casements out to the terrace. The kitchen is supported by a utility room and cloakroom.
The house has two staircases and a good sized principal bedroom with a well-fitted dressing room and ensuite bathroom. There are two other bedrooms sharing the second bathroom. The fourth bedroom with its own shower room and mezzanine area are contained in a brick and slate guest lodge, referred to as the Little Barn, ideal for guests it is also suitable for older children living at home who want to be semi-independent.
The house has oil-fired central heating, and a mix of sealed unit double glazing and secondary double glazing.
A five bar gate opens into the former yard with plenty of parking, a five bar gate connecting with the garden for lawn tractors and the like. Adjoining the house is a small brick built former threshing barn, presently providing garaging for several cars, a fitted workshop and two mezzanines for storage. The barn is perfect for those with an interest in cars and workshop space, especially as it adjoins the house for security. It readily provides excellent dog and boot/utility space, and makes a great party barn. A former piggery completes the outbuildings, which has been used for table tennis and rumpus space.
Approximately one acre of gardens surround the property, taking the form of well maintained lawns, studded with a variety of established trees and shrubs including several hundred year old yew. Wrapping around the south-west corner of the house is a paved terrace with raised pond and waterfall, providing a suntrap entertaining area. There is an additional raised terrace from which there are views across the shallow valley to farmland beyond. There is a well-maintained vegetable garden with octagonal greenhouse, as well as a small woodland garden with a mass of spring bulbs and flowers, including bluebells and red campion.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SHE170074. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Sherborne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.