5 bedroom detached house for saleYew Tree Lane, Rotherfield, Crowborough, East Sussex, TN6
- Grade II listed character property
- 5 bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- Stunning kitchen/breakfast/family room
- Garden office
- Barn, garage and piggeries
- About 2.90 acres overall
A Grade II listed period property set in just under 3 acres in this convenient semi-rural location.
Yew Tree House is situated in an delightful semi-rural position, just over a mile by car from the village of Rotherfield. Local amenities include a G.P. surgery, primary school, pharmacy, hairdressers, post office and general store, church and public houses. Crowborough (about 2.3 miles) and Tunbridge Wells (about 6.9 miles) offer a good selection of supermarkets, high street shops and leisure facilities.
State and private schools: Rotherfield has its own well-regarded primary school. Preparatory schools include Skippers Hill Manor at Five Ashes, Bricklehurst Manor at Stonegate and Holmewood House at Langton Green. At secondary level, there are Beacon Academy (Crowborough) and Heathfield and Uplands (Wadhurst) community colleges, Kent grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and independent schools in Mayfield, Tonbridge and Eastbourne;
Mainline rail: Crowborough (at Jarvis Brook, about 2.6 miles) with services to London Bridge from just over an hour. Wadhurst (about 5.5 miles) and Tunbridge Wells (about 7.1 miles) offer frequent services on the Hastings line into London Charing Cross and Cannon Street (via Waterloo East and London Bridge) from 50 minutes (Tunbridge Wells).
Communications: The A22 and the A26 to the West and the A21 to the East provide access to the south coast and the M25 and thereby to the national motorway network, Gatwick and Heathrow airports, the Channel Tunnel Terminus and coastal ports.
Lower ground floor
- boiler/store room
- utility room
- reception hall
- drawing room
- dining room
- sitting room
- kitchen/breakfast/family room
- boot room
- master bedroom with en suite and walk-in wardrobe
- guest bedroom with en suite shower room
- 3 further double bedrooms
- family shower room
- converted brick-built garden office
- open barn with attached garage and planning consent (WD/2014/0121/F and WD/2014/0122/LB) for replacement with English Heritage style Sussex garage and a separate workshop building
- piggeries/stable block
- Southwest-facing garden and grounds
- paddock with former grass tennis court
- about 2.90 acres overall
Yew Tree House is an enchanting family home originating from the 16th Century and set on a large plot. The property has been enhanced over the years, extended in the Edwardian period and again in recent years to create an en suite master bedroom and a very large kitchen/breakfast/family room and boot room. Period features, including aged beams, wood internal doors with drop latches and inglenook fireplaces, combine with contemporary bathrooms and a bespoke oak fitted kitchen to create a comfortable home well-suited to the needs of the modern family. Further points of note include:
- kitchen/breakfast/family room fitted with oak and burr oak units with composite quartz worktops and an oak breakfast bar. Four-oven electric Aga and an integrated microwave oven. Other integrated appliances include a wine cooler, dishwasher, fridge and freezer. Space for a dining table and a light-filled family room with boot room off and bi-fold doors leading to the garden terrace;
- utility room on the lower ground floor with extensive storage, a double butler's sink, space for appliances and windows to 2 sides;
- triple aspect drawing room with a delightful outlook to the garden, a bay window to the front and a wide inglenook fireplace with an oak bressumer and mantel above and a pretty shaped brick hearth;
- sitting room with a wide inglenook currently fitted with television and audio equipment and storage cupboards to either side;
- light and spacious master bedroom suite with windows on three sides offering expansive views across the garden to the countryside beyond, a walk-in wardrobe and en suite bathroom with bath and separate shower;
- guest bedroom with en suite shower room;
- 3 further double bedrooms and a family bathroom complete the first floor accommodation.
The gardens and grounds, which have been cleared and landscaped immediately around the house, extend to about 2.90 acres in total to three sides of the property. A paddock incorporating a level grass area, believed to have been a grass tennis court in days gone by, lies to the Southeast of the house and garden, beyond an open barn with attached enclosed garage and piggeries. The barn has planning and listed building consent for replacement with a 4-bay Heritage-style garage (2 open bays, 2 enclosed) and there is also consent for a separate workshop and log store.
A detached brick-built office, situated conveniently close to the house, has power and telephone connected.
Services: Oil-fired central heating. Mains water and electricity and private drainage.
Outgoings: Wealden District Council - 01323 443322. Tax Band G.
VIEWING Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000.
If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 3,939 sq ft
Acreage: 2.9 Acres
From Tunbridge Wells, head South on the Frant Road (A267). Continue through Frant village and Mark Cross. About 1.2 miles after the crossroads at Mark Cross, take the right turn into Yew Tree Lane. The entrance to Yew Tree House can be found after about half a mile on the left-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66069338.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS130066. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.