3 bedroom character property for saleThe Old Iron Foundry, Finchdean, Rowlands Castle, Hampshire
- 3 bedroom historic brick built cottage
- Spacious lounge
- En-suite to master bedroom
- Carport with additional parking space
- In the South Downs National Park
- No forward chain
- EPC energy rating D (61)
Quintessential English hamlet provides the backdrop for this historic brick built cottage in the South Downs National Park. With walking routes via the Staunton Way to Queen Elizabeth Country Park or Staunton Country Park. Surrounding Finchdean you will find a scatter of pretty villages including Chalton and Rowlands Castle on your doorstep.Just down the road is the charming 'George' village pub with great food and a warm welcome. This is a great place to become part of a rural community. The chatter of song birds and quiet pace seem to ebb away the stresses of normal life and you feel you have stepped back in time to a place of simple pleasures. Great as a weekend retreat or get away from it all home, this charming cottage is surrounded by pretty cottages and countryside. With three double bedrooms and a en-suite shower room, modern family bathroom, two separate reception rooms and cottage kitchen. This country property could accommodates for a small family or couple who enjoy occasional stop over guests with ease.In the summer the courtyard front garden is perfumed by the fragrance of flowering plants and provides a place in which to take in the ambiance of hamlet life. On colder winter days the brick fire place is sure to be a focal point after that long winter’s walk or cycle ride and a pint or bite to eat in the village pub.
What the Owner says:
We moved to Finchdean as we wanted a more relaxed lifestyle away from the hustle and bustle. We have always enjoyed history and architecture, so moving into an old iron foundry, in the centre of a quiet hamlet ticked all the boxes.
We have loved it here, it is a low maintenance home and is really comfortable and cosy even in the depths of winter, yet so convenient to get to other places for shopping and trains.
There are great walks and cycle routes stretching out from the hamlet in all directions and with good local pubs in many of the neighbouring villages. It really is a wonderful place to live.
- Entrance Hall
- Lounge Area: 24'10 x 10'2 (7.57m x 3.10m)
- Dining Area: 14'8 x 8'10 (4.47m x 2.69m)
- Kitchen Area: 12'0 x 9'1 (3.66m x 2.77m)
- Bedroom 1: 12'2 x 9'3 (3.71m x 2.82m)
- Bedroom 2: 15'0 x 10'1 (4.58m x 3.08m)
- Bedroom 3: 9'7 x 9'6 (2.92m x 2.90m)
- Carport with a parking space
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66319640.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 44605515. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Cubitt & West, Emsworth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.