3 bedroom maisonette for saleCastle Court, Ventnor, Isle of Wight
- Super first floor 3 bedroom maisonette
- Amazing sea views from the balcony
- Allocated parking and garden
- Cash offers only due to structural movement
- EPC energy rating G (2)
Location, location, location – a common phrase used in the property industry but never could it be more true than at this super maisonette. Nestled on the fringes of Ventnor within a short walk of the Botanic Gardens and Ventnor Park, this lovely property is sure to attract a lot of interest. Do not be deterred by the fact it has suffered from structural movement as this home is still able to be enjoyed either as a permanent home or a lock up and leave holiday home. As you step inside and climb the tilted stairs it soon becomes apparent this property has some unusual features. The bright and airy lounge with its balcony gives the perfect vantage point to enjoy the magnificent sea views. Pull up a chair and poor yourself glass of Pimms whilst taking in the refreshing sea air. You will soon realise there is no better place to be than right here! With three bedrooms guests can be accommodated with ease and having your own garden gives them somewhere to enjoy a barbecue or have a kick about with a ball. The potential this property offers is huge and although in need of some modernisation we are sure it will be a popular choice with buyers.
NB: This property has suffered from subsidence and was subject to an insurance claim which was settled in 1982. The property is not suitable for mortgage lending and cash offers only are invited. The property has been insured for all other risks except subsidence, heave and landslip since the original claim was settled.
Please refer to the footnote regarding the services and appliances.
What the Owner says:
I bought this property brand new in 1976. After a couple of years I noticed some cracks appear inside and so my insurance company sent someone round to have a look. Unfortunately they said the property had suffered from subsidence and so in 1981 they settled my claim. Over the last 25 years it does not appear to have suffered any further significant movement but I am aware it has effectively been written off and you will be unable to get a mortgage or insurance for subsidence cover. I have still lived in the property taking full advantage of the amazing views and quiet location and after a while you get used to the sloping floor and character lean. I shall be sorry to see the place sell but hope the new owners get as much enjoyment out of living here as I have.
- Lounge/Dining Room: 24'7 x 12'10 (7.50m x 3.91m)
- Kitchen: 11'5 x 11'4 (3.48m x 3.46m)
- Bedroom 1: 12'11 x 11'4 (3.94m x 3.46m)
- Bedroom 2: 11'5 x 9'11 (3.48m x 3.02m)
- Bedroom 3: 9'7 x 6'1 (2.92m x 1.86m)
- Separate Toilet
- Front Garden
- Allocated Parking Space
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66607097.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 60800985. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Pittis, Ventnor. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.