1 bedroom flat for saleHunting Gate, Birchington, Kent
- Over 60s only under Homewise's lifetime lease plan
- Discounts range from 8.5% to 59%
- The actual price you will pay depends on your age, personal circumstances and property criteria
- Call for a personalised quote
- 1 bedroom retirement property located on the first floor
- Residents lift
- Communal lounge
- Laundry and gardens
- Guest suite for visitors available
- EPC energy rating C (78)
PURCHASING THIS PROPERTY WITH A LIFETIME LEASE
This property is offered at a reduced price for people aged over 60 through Homewise´s Home for Life Plan. Through the Home for Life Plan, anyone aged over sixty can purchase a lifetime lease on this property which discounts the price from its full market value. The size of the discount you are entitled to depends on your age, personal circumstances and property criteria and could be anywhere between 8.5% and 59% from the property´s full market value. The above price is for guidance only. It is based on our average discount and would be the estimated price payable by a 69-year-old single male. As such, the price you would pay could be higher or lower than this figure.
For more information or a personalised quote, just give us a call. Alternatively, if you are under 60 or would like to purchase this property without a Home for Life Plan at its full market price of £85,000, please contact Ward & Partners.
If you are looking for a retirement apartment where you have all the benefits of a house manager, residents communal lounge and laundry room, then this one-bedroom property must be seen.
Located on the first floor and accessible via the residents lift you won’t have to worry about managing the stairs. The communal lounge is the hub of this vibrant retirement community with regular coffee mornings and meet-ups.
The cosy flat comes with the benefit of a recently fitted kitchen and a walk-in shower room. Why not spend your evenings curled up on the sofa with a good book or in front of your favourite television show, or just watch the world go by.
The village of Birchington is a short stroll away, with its bakeries, cafes and handy post office, you really do have everything on your doorstep. If you are feeling more adventurous it is also on the bus routes and close to the station, so has great transport links to the neighbouring towns of Thanet and the historic city of Canterbury.
What the Owner says:
I bought this apartment to keep my independence and have the feel of a community around me, with the added security of knowing that there is a house manager on site.
I enjoyed going to the village and spending time in the community lounge but have always preferred the peace and quiet of my own private retreat! The time has come to move closer to my family and have a little more support around me, I hope that the next owner enjoys their time here as much as I have.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Entrance Hallway
- Lounge: 15'5 x 10'6 (4.70m x 3.20m)
- Kitchen: 7'2 x 5'4 (2.19m x 1.63m)
- Bedroom: 12'1 x 8'9 (3.69m x 2.67m)
- Shower Room
- Communal Gardens
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose. Suitable as a retirement home.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66724342.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 10128178. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Homewise, Worthing. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.