2 bedroom bungalow for saleMain Street, Bothenhampton, Bridport, Dorset
- Individual detached stone built bungalow within easy reach of Bridport town.
- 2 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, impressive sitting/dining room with vaulted ceiling.
- Landscaped walled gardens, 2 detached garages, off-road parking.
- Country views. Sought after village.
Orchard Cottage is an individual stone built detached bungalow situated in a tucked away position within a highly sought after location. The original building dates from the early 1990s and was constructed as a swimming pool for the adjacent cottage and skilfully converted into a most impressive bungalow in 2010. The excellent specification includes underfloor gas fired central heating and UPVC double glazed windows and doors. The impressive accommodation comprises of an entrance hall with store cupboard leading into a spacious sitting/dining room with beamed and vaulted ceilings and French doors opening onto the rear garden. There is an attractive fitted kitchen with a range of cream coloured wall and floor cupboards built in oven and four ring gas hob together with plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine. The property has two double bedrooms with the principal bedroom having an en suite shower room together with French doors leading to the gardens and a fitted family bathroom.
Outside there is off-road parking for several cars together with two detached garages and landscaped gardens.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS
Vehicular access is gained off Main Street via a shared tarmac driveway to the side of Home Farm House leading onto a private gravelled drive providing off-road parking. There are TWO DETACHED GARAGES, one with a store to the side. A pedestrian side access leads to the rear of the cottage where there is a paved patio area leading onto lawned gardens stocked with a range of small trees and attractive shrub borders, part bordered by stone walls.
Orchard Cottage enjoys an attractive setting in the village of Bothenhampton very close to open countryside. Bothenhampton is a Conservation area and this delightful village has a church, playground and village hall. The immediate area is designated as being one of Outstanding Natural Beauty and within easy reach is a Nature Reserve with access to footpaths and bridleways leading to Shipton Gorge, Burton Bradstock and West Bay.
The property is very conveniently situated less than one mile from Bridport town centre which has an excellent range of shopping and business facilities, schools, leisure centre with swimming pool and twice weekly street market. The coast at West Bay is approximately 1.5 miles distant with its attractive harbour, bathing beaches, golf course and access to the beautiful World Heritage Coast, known as the Jurassic Coast. Weymouth, Dorchester and Yeovil are all within about 30 minutes driving distance with main line rail services to London.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66759590.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BRI170173. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, covering Dorset. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.