5 bedroom detached house for salePottersheath Road, Welwyn, Hertfordshire, AL6
- 5 reception rooms
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Master bedroom with en suite shower room and separate dressing room
- Bedroom 2 with en suite shower room
- Bedrooms 3 & 4 with 'Jack & Jill' bath/shower room
- Bedroom 5
- Triple garage and workshop
- Beautiful landscaped gardens
- All weather tennis court
- EPC Rating = E
An impressive period farmhouse set within wonderful gardens and grounds of over 2.5 acres.
Knebworth station 1.5 miles (London Kings Cross from 24 minutes), Welwyn North station 3.4 miles, Harpenden 8.8 miles, St Albans 11.6 miles, Welwyn Garden City 4.7 miles, A1(M) J6 2 miles, London Luton Airport 11.7 miles, M1 (J9) 12.4 miles (all distances approximate)
Set at the northern end of Pottersheath Road and towards the sought after hamlet of Rabley Heath, Heathfield is extremely well placed for those seeking access to central London or the North.
Nestled between Welwyn, Codicote and Knebworth, communications are excellent; the A1(M) junction 6 is just 2 miles distant, whilst fast and frequent trains leave Welwyn North and Knebworth stations reaching London Kings Cross from 24 minutes. For the international traveller, London Luton Airport is less than 12 miles away.
Rabley Heath includes a pub, whilst comprehensive amenities can be found in nearby Welwyn. There is also good shopping in Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield and the cathedral city of St Albans is just under 12 miles away.
There is a wide range of village schools in Codicote, Knebworth, Welwyn and Woolmer Green. Private schools in the area include St Francis’ College, Princess Helena, and St Edmunds College, St Albans High School for Girls, St Albans Abbey School, and Heath Mount at Watton at Stone, Duncombe at Bengeo, St. Christopher’s, Haileybury and Queenswood.
There is an excellent choice of golf courses in the area including Brocket Hall with its superb Auberge du Lac restaurant, Aldwickbury Park, Mid Herts, Harpenden Common and Knebworth.
Reception hall, drawing room, dining room, family room, kitchen/breakfast room, orangery, study, 2 cloakrooms, master bedroom with en suite shower room and separate dressing room, bedroom 2 with en suite shower room, bedrooms 3 & 4 with ‘Jack & Jill’ bath/shower room, bedroom 5
Triple garage and workshop, beautiful landscaped gardens, all weather tennis court
Heathfield is a most elegant country house set in lovely grounds of just over 2.5 acres. The house is stylishly presented throughout and has numerous features of note, which include:
• Stunning Orangery that connects to the kitchen/breakfast room; perfect living space for day to day family living
• Drawing room set within the oldest part of the house and featuring a wealth of exposed timbers
• ‘Smallbone’ kitchen/breakfast room with Aga
• Large study with superb range of solid walnut bespoke fitted desk/shelving furniture and galleried landing above
• Triple aspect dining room with views over the gardens
• Luxury high quality bathroom fixtures and fittings throughout
• Wonderful, carefully landscaped south easterly gardens and grounds including stunning front gardens created by award winning designer
• All weather tennis court
• Triple garaging with useful workshop
• Electronic wrought iron front gates leading to large turning circle
• Extensive parking for numerous cars
To the south of the gardens, colour brown on the plan, is a paddock, which could be available by separate negotiation.
Mains electricity, water and drainage. Oil fired central heating.
Welwyn Hatfield District Council 01707 357000
Square Footage: 4,310 sq ft
Acreage: 2.52 Acres
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66783440.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HRS170109. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Harpenden. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.