5 bedroom detached house for saleWeymouth Road, Martinstown, Dorchester
- FOUR BEDROOM HOUSE
- SEPARATE, ONE BEDROOM ANNEXE
- LARGE GARDENS
- DETACHED DOUBLE GARAGE AND ATTACHED SINGLE GARAGE
- COUNTRYSIDE VIEWS
- EXCEPTIONAL LOCAL SCHOOLS
This imposing, FIVE BEDROOM property further houses a ONE BEDROOM GUEST SUITE and is situated on the edge of this popular village and less than four miles from the centre of Dorchester - with exceptional transport links to London and the West
Completed in 1991, Turnpike House, a DETACHED, FIVE BEDROOM property is finished with Portland stone elevations and a pillared, covered entrance porch. The current vendors have owned the property since 1996 and changed a portion of the ground floor to create a separate ONE BEDROOM ANNEX or GUEST SUITE and further added a DETACHED DOUBLE GARAGE, which gives this impressive house three garage spaces to compliment plentiful off road parking.
Accessed via the pillared porch, the entrance hall is beautifully filled by a grand central staircase with a galleried landing a large cloak cupboard and a downstairs W.C. The remaining ground floor accommodation comprises a spacious 22ft, triple aspect Drawing Room, a large Dining Room and a well-appointed and spacious Kitchen/Breakfast Room. The guest suite, which is also found on the ground floor, comprises its own Bathroom, a Double Bedroom and a Living Room with a separate Kitchen offering access to the outside.
The first floor comprises FOUR BEDROOMS, with the Master Suite benefiting from a spacious dressing room and en suite bathroom. A double aspect second bedroom is complimented by two further bedrooms and a well-appointed bathroom.
Outside there is an attached SINGLE GARAGE and a DETACHED DOUBLE GARAGE accessed via the driveway. The property sits in spacious private gardens divided from a separate paddock by a Portland stone wall. The plot size is approximately 1.3 acres.
Accessed via a pillared entrance porch and part glazed door, with a feature staircase to the first floor and overlooked by a galleried landing, with a spacious cloaks cupboards and doors to all principle rooms.
Drawing Room 22' 9" x 19' 9" ( 6.93m x 6.02m )
A delightful, triple aspect room, with patio doors onto the terrace and overlooking the rear garden with a feature fireplace with carved timber surround.
Dining Room 15' 2" x 14' 6" ( 4.62m x 4.42m )
With double, glazed doors into this spacious room and double glazed sliding doors onto the terrace and overlooking the garden with a serving hatch to the Kitchen / Breakfast Room
Kitchen / Breakfast Room 20' x 15' 2" ( 6.10m x 4.62m )
The modern, shaker style kitchen comprises wall and floor mounted units with cream cupboard and door fronts and with work surfaces over. a one and a half bowl sink and a range of integrated kitchen appliances including a fridge, freezer and dishwasher and with an inset four ring gas hob and electric double oven. Currently this spacious room has a breakfast tale and a three piece suite within with patio doors to the outside.
Utility Room 15' 6" x 8' 4" ( 4.72m x 2.54m )
With wall and floor mounted units with roll top work surface over and space and plumbing for a washing machine. The gas boiler which services the central heating and hot water can also be found. There is a door to the rear path.
Guest Suite / Annexe
Benefiting from its own front door and can be completely separated from the main house with a single locked door
Sitting Room 13' 9" x 9' 10" ( 4.19m x 3.00m )
With windows to the front aspect and an archway to:
Kitchen 9' 10" x 5' 3" ( 3.00m x 1.60m )
A range of wall and floor mounted units with work surface over, inset single drainer sink and space and plumbing for a washing machine. There is a part glazed door to the rear.
Bedroom 14' 4" x 10' 9" ( 4.37m x 3.28m )
A range of fitted furniture and windows to the rear.
A four piece suite comprising bath, separate shower cubicle, low level W.C. and pedestal wash hand basin with obscure glazed window to the rear.
A bright, galleried landing with windows to the front and rear and doors to all principle rooms.
Master Suite 18' 9" x 12' 8" ( 5.71m x 3.86m )
a double aspect room overlooking the front and rear gardens and with a range of fitted furniture with an archway to:
Dressing Room 11' 1" x 9' 11" ( 3.38m x 3.02m )
A range of fitted furniture and windows to the front and side aspects.
A 5 piece white suite comprising bath and separate shower cubicle with low-level W.C., bidet and wash hand basin built into a vanity unit and windows to the side and rear aspects
Bedroom Two 18' 8" x 13' 5" ( 5.69m x 4.09m )
A double aspect room with a pair of double, sliding door mirror fronted wardrobes and a range of fitted bedroom furniture.
Bedroom Three 13' 11" x 9' 11" ( 4.24m x 3.02m )
Windows overlooking the rear garden and countryside views beyond
Bedroom Four 13' 11" x 9' 9" ( 4.24m x 2.97m )
Currently used as a study and a double aspect room with garden and countryside views.
A 5 piece white suite comprising bath and separate shower cubicle with low-level W.C., bidet and wash hand basin. Window to the rear.
The front of the property is accessed via a graveled drive leading to a parking area with access to the single attached garage and the detached double garage. To the rear, the property benefits from from a paved terrace running the width of the property and leading to sizeable formal gardens and a separate paddock of around 1 acre.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66853445.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference DRR102865. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fox & Sons, Dorchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.