Land for saleHigh Street, Edenbridge
Withdrawn from Market
LeGrys Havelock Estates are delighted to bring to the market a fantastic opportunity to acquire a prime development consisting of a GII listed double fronted two storey shop, a derelict workshop and garage with planning permission to convert to residential premises.
This GII listed property has full planning permission to convert to a one bedroom dwelling with one off-road parking space.
This quaint former bookshop is a medieval timber framed building with a clay peg tile roof. It forms part of a larger medieval building now sub divided. There have been later additions, including a Georgian shop front and large, probably Victorian dormer to the front elevation. The rear of the building and medieval roof structure has been altered by the addition of a two storey Victorian extension.
The property was originally a hall house of Wealden design with a single bay open hall in the centre, a short parlour end to the north and a service bay to the south. The shop occupies the southern service bay.
Situated in a quiet no through lane in the heart of Edenbridge High Street, close to the primary school, shops, church and mainline station. This property offers a complete redevelopment opportunity (although some 19th century brickwork remains).
Permission has been granted to make the following changes
• Repair existing pitched roof to south elevation.
• New double pitched roof to north (rear).
• Conservation roof-lights to be concealed within rear roof valley.
• New single parking space to east side.
• Bin storage to east side.
• New entrance: replace existing steel garage door with new purpose made steel door and glazed panels.
• Replace existing timber door with new purpose made steel casement window.
• The north elevation forms the garden wall to 2 and 4 Church Street. No changes are to be made to this elevation.
• Replace existing studwork wall with new matching brickwork.
• New high level steel windows. There are presently no windows in this elevation which has been temporarily sealed with studwork for weatherproofing.
• Remove existing internal brick single skin partitions and replace as indicated on plans to form bedroom, bathroom and open plan living/kitchen/dining area.
• New levelled and insulated floor slab.
Full planning details are here:
Listed building consents are here:
Local Authority: Sevenoaks District Council
Edenbridge benefits from two mainline train stations offering services to London. The M25 can be easily accessed at either junction 6 (Godstone) or junction 5 (Sevenoaks). Gatwick airport is about 18 miles and the Channel Tunnel about 65 miles allowing easy access to the Continent. Edenbridge itself is a small historic market town surrounded by countryside with a selection of shops, banks, pubs, restaurants and its own hospital with many schools in the surrounding area. Recreational amenities in the area include a leisure centre with swimming pool, golf courses and a number of local National Trust properties.
Miles to: M25 10; Oxted 8; Sevenoaks 12; Tunbridge Wells 13; East Grinstead 10
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66924341.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 7910511. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by LeGrys Independent Estate Agents, Edenbridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.