4 bedroom detached house for saleAlexandra Road, Reading, RG1
- Currently three first floor bedrooms plus additional one bedroom annexe
- Three reception rooms
- Fitted kitchen with oven and hob
- Pretty walled garden with westerly aspect
- Cellar with two rooms; Garage and driveway
- EPC rating (main house): E; EPC rating (second floor annexe): D
This striking detached Victorian home is set within a tree-lined address in a prime University conservation area, within walking distance of the Royal Berkshire hospital and the vibrant town centre with its mainline station. The property was formerly a six bedroom home with living accommodation set over three storeys with cellar and has now been converted to provide a separate one bedroom annexe on the second floor. The ground floor has recently been modified to create a ground floor bedroom with an en-suite shower but this would make an ideal family room. Featuring a delightful walled rear garden with a driveway approach leading to a garage, the property offers the opportunity to create an impressive family home close to independent and grammar schools and transport links.
Sitting Room 5.36m (17'7) x 4.04m (13'3)
Family Room 5.36m (17'7) x 4.01m (13'2)
Dining Room 3.99m (13'1) x 3.4m (11'2)
Kitchen 5.18m (17') x 2.82m (9'3)
Basement 4.04m (13'3) x 3.91m (12'10)
Store 3.58m (11'9) x 2.77m (9'1)
Bike Store 3.66m (12') x 2.59m (8'6)
Bedroom One 4.57m (15') x 3.99m (13'1)
Bedroom Two 4.5m (14'9) x 4.01m (13'2)
Bedroom Three 3.63m (11'11) x 2.39m (7'10)
Sitting Room (Second Floor Annexe 26a) 3.63m (11'11) x 3.56m (11'8)
Bedroom (Second Floor Annexe 26a) 5.13m (16'10) x 2.84m (9'4)
Kitchen (Second Floor Annexe 26a) 3.2m (10'6) x 2.18m (7'2)
A particular feature are the walled gardens with established shrub beds and a well maintained lawned garden. A pathway skirts the rear of the house with a door opening to the bike store and there is gated access to the front of the property. The property is approached via a brick paved driveway leading to a garage and an area of lawned garden which is enclosed to the front by railings and hedgerow with a gated pathway.
Local Authority: Reading Borough Council
Main House - Council Tax Band: F
Annexe - Council Tax Band: A
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66944231.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 78640. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Haslams Estate Agents, Reading. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.