4 bedroom detached house for saleBodanna, Summercourt, Newquay, Cornwall, TR8
Offers in Region of
- Immaculate 4 bedroom detached stone barn conversion
- Set in a rural location surrounded by farm land
- Spacious modern fitted kitchen with integrated appliances
- Large utility room and separate wc, also with potential to create a study
- Open plan family dining room with timber stairs to the 1st floor
- Superb sitting room with beamed ceiling and inglenook fireplace
- First floor a master bedroom with a modern fitted en-suite shower room
- Three further bedrooms plus a modern fitted family bathroom
- Unique landing area with double doors leading to the garden
- The property has rural views from the property and gardens
Stunning detached 4 bedroom stone barn conversion set in a quiet rural location. This property will make a superb holiday or family home. Full of character with a modern twist which has to be seen.
The approach is via a tree lined driveway which leads you towards the property, gardens and gravelled parking area. The attractive converted detached barn with its stone walls is entered to the large bright reception dining area or utility with tiled flooring, exposed stone walling and a large picture window. This room also doubles as a utility area with a selection of fitted units and also has a separate cloakroom with wc to one corner. This room could also be used as a study if converted. Moving through to a spectacular stylish, modern and contemporary kitchen finished in a matt grey style with polished work surfaces, stainless steel oven, extractor canopy and sink. There is a full range of integrated appliances.
The property sits centrally within the spacious gardens (0.27 of an acre) which are predominantly lawn with a variety of shrubs, hedging and trees to the boundaries. The garden benefits from plenty of sun which moves across its width. To the rear of the property set against the edge is a stone outbuilding with the potential to be a workshop. There is plenty of parking for several cars and room to add a garage if required subject to planning consent.
There is mains electricity to the property. Private water supply via a bore hole. Solid fuel wood burring fire with back boiler for the radiators and hot water. There is also an electric emersion heater for water. Plus further electric heaters. Shared private drainage system. Council Tax Band D
The property is located just outside of Summercourt, a small village within mid Cornwall, centred between the A30 and the main Newquay to St Austell road, the A3058. The Village School is the oldest in the area, dating back to 1828, while Summercourt Fair is the longest-established fair in Cornwall, dating back more than eight hundred years. The village also has two pubs and a convenience store. A short drive will take you to the very popular resort of Newquay which has a larger selection of high street shopping, restaurants, amusements and of course the very popular sandy beaches perfect for surfing. There is also a golf course, zoo, boating lake and flower gardens. Newquay Airport is just a short distance from the town and provides regular flights to London and an increasing selection of European destinations.
Summercourt 1.5 miles Newquay 7 miles Morgan Porth 10.3 St Austell 11.3 Truro 13.4 miles
From the kitchen you enter the dining hall which is bright and tastefully decorated, large enough for a family dining table. There is also tiled flooring and feature beams. The turning timber staircase adds character to the room. The spacious sitting room is a superb feature to the property, a relaxing room again with a central log burning fire, character beams and matching décor. There is also an exposed stone wall with windows and double doors out to the gardens. An extra addition is the conservatory, a perfect place to hideaway looking onto the gardens.
The large landing area on the first floor which is also a unique feature with the double doors that lead out to stone steps which access the rear garden. There is also a feature arch, exposed timber flooring, stone work and access to all the bedrooms. There are two large double bedrooms to either end of the first floor with the master having a modern fitted en-suite shower room. All the bedrooms compliment each other with the décor, finish and styling and have a range of wardrobes, rural country views and character features. The family bathroom is finished to a very high standard with a free standing oval bath, separate shower, matching sink and wc.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TRV170150. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Country & Waterside Prestige, Truro. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.