4 bedroom detached house for saleCourt Wood, Newton Ferrers, PL8
- Secluded riverside setting
- Water frontage and private quay
- Garden and grounds of approximately 2.028 acres
- Architect designed detached property
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 Reception Rooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Open plan living room
- Balcony with river views
Menryn is nestled within an abundance of prolific mature shrubs and trees including rhododendron, pieris, magnolia, azalea and acer, with a backcloth of mixed woodland and remarkably sheltered level garden areas, above the banks of the wide and tidal River Yealm. Menryn has remained in its original ownership for more than 50 years. This beautiful house, which can barely be seen from the private road and footpaths that provide access, is both unique and discreet, appearing almost to have grown out of the environment in which it stands.
The accommodation is set well above the private road, which gives access to a single home beyond. Through skilled design natural light floods into the living space. There is real scope to expand this very special house if required, subject to the necessary consents being obtained, although the current layout allows versatility to suit individual needs. A design influenced by Frank Lloyd Wright, the American architect who believed in creating structures that were in harmony with humanity and its environment, and a philosophy he called organic architecture, this unique property deserves the attention of a discerning buyer.
Newton Ferrers is a much sought after estuary village on the northern slope of the beautiful estuary of the River Yealm, opposite Noss Mayo on the southern side. It has a range of local amenities including a Church, Post Office, pub and restaurant, Yacht Club and a primary school. For more comprehensive shopping centres Plymouth is to the west and Kingsbridge to the east. From here there are fine cliff top, woodland and coastal walks and the Yealm Estuary is very popular with yachtsmen. There are 18-hole golf courses at Wrangaton to the north which backs onto the Dartmoor National Park and at Bigbury to the east.
Money Laundering Regulations
Prior to a sale being agreed, prospective purchasers will be required to produce identification documents. Your co-operation with this, in order to comply with Money Laundering regulations, will be appreciated and assist with the smooth progression of the sale.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67087646.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NEW170013. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Marchand Petit, Newton Ferrers. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.