5 bedroom house for saleHelston Road, Germoe, Penzance, Cornwall
- Contemporary home with an establised business combining self-catering, glamping, touring caravans & camping.
- Further opporunity to continue business growth started by current owners.
- Located on the edge of the Cornish village of Germoe, halfway between Penzance and Helston.
- Close to local tourist attractions at West Cornwall including St.Ives, Lands End & The Lizard Peninsula.
- Established 40 years with current permission for up to 15 caravans/tents plus 9 electric hook ups.
- Annual turnover in excess of £40,000 currnetly trading on average just 20 weeks of the year.
- Modernised 4 bed home providing versatile accommodation with panoramic sea and coastal views.
- First floor apartment with double bedroom, currently used as a holiday let but would revert to 2 bedrooms, bathroom & study.
- Attached 1 double bedroom annexe used as holiday let with internal access to main house if required.
The business is open May to September and has a limited season with further potential. The business has a gross turnover of £41,220 year ending April 2017.
The two shepherd’s huts are marketed as glamping via Classic Glamping and the camping & caravan site which is for 5 caravans and 10 tents is marketed by Pitchup.com and is rated 10/10.
The annexe is currently let as a 1 bedroomed holiday letting unit via Aspect Holidays and there is potential to add the master bedroom and dressing room in the main house into the property to provide a larger cottage as the en suite bathroom already has a door which is locked.
The first floor of the main residence is currently fitted out as a 1 bedroom self-contained apartment (Out to Sea) with picture windows and panoramic sea views which is currently only being let out within the main season via Airbnb.
The annexe and the first floor apartment can be reincorporated back into the main residence if required.
The caravan site has 6 electrical hook-ups as well as 3 water taps within the site and a further water tap located by the toilet block.
There is potential to increase the business by adding further glamping opportunities including yurts, shepherds huts, safari tents or lodges.
There is also the potential to build lodges on the site subject to gaining the relevant planning consents.
Two shepherd’s huts with an enclosed hedged area for privacy. The grassed areas are used for parking with a gravel seating area with barbecue and chiminea plus room for additional tents for the customers if required.
Licenced as a Caravan Club and members of Camping & Caravan Club licensed site reference 203/146. The caravan and camp site is level and is divided with hedging for privacy.
There is a further camping field which is level and enclosed by hedging with one electrical hook-up.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TAR170052. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Holiday Complexes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.