5 bedroom detached house for saleFontwell Avenue, Eastergate, Chichester
- Reception Hall
- Dining/Family Room
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Utility Room Cloakroom Wine Store
- Drawing Room
- Master Bedroom with En-Suite Bathroom
- 4 Further Bedrooms Family Bathroom
- Ample Parking & Detached Garage/Store Room
- Enclosed Rear Gardens backing on to Farmland
An attractive house of great character, we believe originally built in around 1911, providing elegant and spacious accommodation arranged over two floors with a delightful rear garden and ample parking to the front. Folly House benefits from a spacious reception hall off which lies a study with open fireplace, substantial L-shaped drawing room again with open fireplace and French doors providing access out on to the rear gardens. Adjacent to this room is a wine store. The property also has a very good size dining/family room again with casement doors providing access out on to the rear gardens and kitchen/breakfast room. On the ground floor there is also a utility room and a cloakroom.
On the first floor there is a spacious master bedroom, well-fitted with a number of wardrobe cupboards and an en-suite bathroom. There are four further bedrooms and a family bathroom.
Outside the property is approached via 5-bar gate leading to a substantial area of parking for a number of vehicles, a detached garage/store and a number of mature trees and mixed hedging providing a good deal of privacy. To the rear of the property is an attractive mainly lawned garden with two entertaining terraces, well-stocked flower borders and a number of mature trees. The rear garden backs on to open farmland.
The property is located in a convenient position with easy access to both Chichester and Arundel and can be found not too far from Fontwell Park Racecourse. The village of Eastergate has its own local public house and shop and more comprehensive facilities can be found in the village of Barnham which also has a mainline railway station to London Victoria.
The nearby village of Eartham to the west has a popular local pub, parish church and is the home of Great Ballard School. Nearby Goodwood provides a whole range of facilities including its country club, hotel and newly opened restaurant serving produce from their organic Estate farm. Goodwood is also internationally famous for its horse-racing and the annual Festival of Speed and the September Revival meeting held at its historic motor circuit.
The elegant cathedral city of Chichester can be found within 7 miles and provides a comprehensive range of shopping facilities, cafes and restaurants located within its partly pedestrianised centre.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67424537.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CHI170284. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Chichester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.