4 bedroom semi-detached house for saleCrawley, Hampshire
- NO FORWARD CHAIN
- Hall, sitting room, dining room
- Study, kitchen/breakfast room
- Utility room, cloakroom
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Private parking for two cars
- Brick built outbuilding, potential home office/studio
- Beautiful hedged terraced gardens overlooking open countryside
- Extending to about 0.318 acres (0.129 hectares)
NO FORWARD CHAIN
An extremely pretty Listed thatched cottage with an exceptional garden in the centre of this sought-after village
Crawley village is the epitome of an unspoilt Hampshire village. It lies between the Test and Itchen valleys and midway between the cathedral city of Winchester and the charming town of Stockbridge.
The cottage lies in the heart of the village, the main village street is lined with period houses and cottages. There is a duck pond, village hall, public house and 14th century Church.
Communications in the area are excellent, at Winchester there is a mainline station to London Waterloo and access on to the M3 at Junction 9 providing a fast link to London, the M25 and airports or south from Junction 11 to the M27, Southampton International Airport, the south coast, New Forest and the European ferry port at Portsmouth.
The property is the eastern part of a Listed half-timbered thatched cottage. It has well-proportioned accommodation which is full of character, light, and well presented. From the village street the frontage is enclosed by old flint and brick capped walls and steps lead up to the front door, either side are colourful borders. An oak front door opens into the entrance hall, charming L-shaped sitting room, with fireplace, French doors to terrace and garden. The formal dining room has a bay window and the study includes fitted furniture and has the boiler cupboard.
The kitchen/breakfast room has a wide range of units, laminated worktops, integrated appliances, and French doors to the terrace and gardens. There is a utility room and cloakroom.
On the first floor are four bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The cottage has a right of way over the adjoining drive which gives access to a private parking area for two cars.
The gardens are a very special feature, a lower paved terrace adjoins the cottage which is enclosed by low brick walls and colourful well stocked beds of alpines, shrubs and climbers. Steps lead up to the first area of lawn which is partly enclosed by evergreen hedging, shrubs and herbaceous plants. There is also a fine old yew tree. Beyond is the main lawn which is hedged with beech and laurel. There is a colour washed brick workshop/garden store which could be converted into a home office/studio. The end of the garden overlooks countryside with far reaching views.
The gardens extend in all to about 0.318 acres (0.129 hectares).
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67430845.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WIN180025. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Winchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.