5 bedroom detached house for saleCourtauld Road, Braintree, Essex
- Established Detached House
- Five Bedrooms
- Large Plot of Land (circa one third of an acre STS)
- Set Back From The Road
- Extremely Desirable Location
- Three Reception Rooms
- Ground Floor Cloakroom
- En-Suite to Master Bedroom and Guest Bedrooms
- EPC Band D
An established five bedroom detached house understood to have been constructed in circa 1935 and located on an established plot of land extending to one third of an acre STLS. The property is situated in one of the most desirable roads in Braintree and is within easy access of the town centre and mainline station. Located close by are the delightful Bocking and Braintree public gardens which were donated by Sydney Courtauld back in 1888. In brief the accommodation comprises: entrance hall, cloakroom, living room, dining room, sitting room, kitchen/diner, rear lobby, master bedroom with en-suite, guest bedroom with en-suite and three further bedrooms, family bathroom and separate WC. Externally the property is set well back from the road and to the rear of the property there is a double garage, and summerhouse. There is parking to the front for several vehicles.
Braintree retains a good collection of historic buildings, including the listed timber-framed properties in the conservation area in the town centre.
For commuters the town has a direct connection to London Liverpool Street, taking around one hour and is approx. 19 miles to Stansted Airport and the M11.
Close by there are plenty of opportunities for walks and riding and of particular note is the nearby Great Notley Country Park which covers some 100 acres of open space.
A variety of activities and events are held throughout the year. Families can picnic or fly kites or, for the more energetic, there is an all-weather, multi-activity, floodlit pitch and two grass football pitches. There's also an excellent visitor centre, housed in the award-winning Discovery Centre.
The region boasts a significant number of secondary and primary schools as well as colleges and nurseries. There are well-renowned private schools within easy reach and some of the country’s leading grammar schools in Colchester and Chelmsford.
Braintree District Council
Property ref: 121_1807_4775190
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4775190. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Heritage , Coggeshall. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.