3 bedroom detached house for saleTalygarn Manor, Talygarn, Pontyclun, CF72 9JT
- Detached Character Cottage
- Off Road Parking
- Cottage Garden
SUMMARY A delightful cottage within the grounds of Talygarn Manor, extended in more recent years and offering much character. Generous living dining room with woodblock floor and woodburner, garden room, kitchen with pantry and adjacent utility room and WC. Three double bedrooms - one with en suite shower room - and bathroom to the first floor. Enclosed cottage garden to front; larger garden to rear with lawns, seating areas, parking, car port, storage area and office / hobbies room.
SITUATION The Village of Talygarn is situated just beyond the northern boundary of the Vale of Glamorgan, between the Town of Cowbridge and the Village of Pontyclun. The local Village of Pontyclun includes good everyday shopping facilities, with more comprehensive retail and commercial outlets being available at Llantrisant, where out-of-Town Stores include Leekes and Arthur Llewellyn Jenkins. The Market Town of Cowbridge offers an excellent range of quality shops, restaurants and public houses, a leisure centre, various sporting clubs and well regarded schools.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * Victorian Cottage within the grounds of 'Talygarn Manor' that has been modernised and extended yet retains much soul and character.
* Entrance porch
* Central, open plan living-dining room with woodblock flooring and located to the very heart of the house
* Living room area focussed around an Inglenook-style fireplace with wood burning stove; dining area closer to the kitchen
* Both living and dining areas have windows looking over the front garden and double doors opening to the garden
* A further set of doors open to a garden room - a lovely, light family space with broad French doors and also bi-fold doors opening to the deck and flagstone-paved seating areas respectively
* Kitchen with slate-tiled flooring and a range of units with granite-topped work tops. Rangemaster 'Classic 90' range cooker and fully integrated dishwasher to remain. Also shelved pantry with flagstone cold surface.
* Utility room / rear entrance porch with units and worktops to match the kitchen with space for washing machine and fridge freezer.
* Also ground floor cloakroom
* Master bedroom with exposed beams to the ceiling and open to the pitch of the roof
* Second double bedroom, with contemporary en suite shower room, looking out over the rear garden
* Third, dual aspect double bedroom
* Family bathroom with roll-top bath and shower over
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Fronting the property is an enclosed cottage garden with lawn interspersed with flower and shrub beds, screened from the Manor by mature box hedging
* Larger garden to rear including lawn, timber deck and flagstone-paved seating areas.
* Seating areas, with driveway and garden beyond, accessed primarily from the garden room
* Gravelled off road parking area and timber car port
* Block-built open garden store (approx. 5m x 3m) leading into a multi-purpose office / study / games room / hobbies room with power connected
TENURE AND SERVICES
DIRECTIONS From our Offices travel along High Street in an easterly direction towards the Traffic Lights and take the left hand turn for Aberthin / Llantrisant. Continue along this road for around 4½ miles, travelling through Ystradowen. Upon reaching Talygarn take the right hand turning through the gates into Talygarn Manor and Country Park. Continue into Talygarn, bearing left just before the gate house, then turn immediately right onto the driveway leading to The Nook.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67589419.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 100565023041. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Watts & Morgan, Cowbridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.