5 bedroom detached house for saleCranbrook Road, Benenden, Cranbrook, Kent, TN17
- Unlisted 5 bedroom family home
- Under 1/2 a mile from sought-after village
- 2 reception rooms
- Kitchen/dining room
- 2 bathrooms
- Garden & garage
- Cranbrook School catchment (2018)
- EPC Rating = D
Detached period 5 bedroom family home with level gardens, on the outskirts of the sought after village of Benenden
Shopping: Benenden (0.5 of a mile) has a community village shop with Post Office, butcher and public house. More extensive facilities can be found in Cranbrook, Tenterden and Tunbridge Wells.
Mainline Rail Services: Fast and frequent services run to London Charing Cross and Cannon Street from Staplehurst and Headcorn stations. Eurostar trains are available from Ashford International. A high speed link runs from Ashford to London St Pancras in about 37 minutes.
Schools: There are an excellent range of schools in the area in both the state and private sectors at primary and secondary levels.
Motorway links: The M25 via the A21 can be accessed at J5 and the M20 via J8 both providing links to Gatwick and Heathrow airport and other motorway networks.
Situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, under ½ a mile away from the popular village of Benenden, The Barn House is an attractive unlisted period property set back and well screened from the road and featuring family accommodation arranged over two floors. Points of note include:
Exposed timbers and beams, diamond leaded light windows, Karndean flooring to the hall and cloakroom, bespoke oak internal doors.
Arranged over the ground floor is an entrance hall with turned staircase leading to the first floor, a lovely sitting room of good proportions with wood-burning stove, a dual aspect family/TV room, a kitchen/dining room equipped with fitted cupboards and a range cooker with six ring electric halogen hob, a utility room with space for various appliances and a cloakroom.
There are five first floor bedrooms which are served by two bathrooms (one being a 'Jack and Jill'). All of the bedrooms benefit from built-in wardrobe cupboards. Access can be gained from the landing to a part boarded loft spanning the length of the house.
Outside, to the front lies an area of private parking for several cars and access to the detached garage.
The garden extends away to the front and side of the house and features level lawns enclosed by mature evergreen hedging and close board fencing. There is a paved terrace and pretty summerhouse.
Agent's Note: The vendors have a right of access for maintenance purposes to the south and west elevations.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 2,010 sq ft
From Cranbrook proceed down the High Street into Stone Street and take the first right onto The Hill. Continue and take the third right onto Tilsden Lane and follow until the T junction. Turn left towards Benenden. Continue for approximately 1.6 miles, and the drive to The Barn House will be found on the right hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67638887.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CKS170118. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Cranbrook. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.