3 bedroom semi-detached house for saleWest Bay Road, Bridport, Dorset
- A very attractive and much improved semi-detached 1930's house
- Potentially up to 4 bedrooms, Superb Open Plan Family/Kitchen/Dining Room
- 100' Depth West Facing Rear Garden
- Garage plus Front & Rear Parking
- Great Views
This is a very attractive and spacious older-style home offering excellent flexible accommodation, all modern amenities, large gardens, good parking and lovely views, within easy reach of both West Bay and Bridport. It is estimated to have been built in the 1930's and later extended having pebbled dash and colour washed elevations under a slate roof. Under the current ownership since 2011 the house has been subject to a whole number of improvements and alterations to provide a very comfortable home.
The many excellent features include:-
* Gas-fired central heating (new boiler 2016)
* Multi wood burner to family/dining room/kitchen
* Replacement UPVC Sealed Unit Windows
* Modern Cloakroom with Travertine stone tiles
* Well Fitted Kitchen with Lamona electric double oven, electric ceramic hob, cooker hood, integrated fridge, freezer and dishwasher (spaces for washing machine and tumble dryer)
* Laminate wood flooring to ground floor and fitted carpets to first floor
* Modern bathroom suite with Travertine stone tiles
* Well Presented Throughout
The house enjoys an east/west facing aspect with superb views to the rear over the Brit Valley to West Bay and the surrounding countryside.
The excellent accommodation features include a very large open plan family/dining room/kitchen and a very large principal bedroom which could be easily converted back into 2 bedrooms if required. Original feature typical of its age and type include cast iron fireplace (no longer working), bay windows and stripped pine panelled doors.
The house stands on a good sized long/large west facing rear plot with good parking to the front and additional parking with garage to the rear.
There is a tarmac parking courtyard area to the front and a side pedestrian gate. The good sized rear garden is very well established and offers good privacy. There is an adjoining raised paved terrace with steps down to areas of lawn with a wide variety of mature shrubs plus fruit trees including apple, fig and plum plus raised beds, TIMBER SHED and rear pedestrian access.
Situated just beyond the rear garden is a DETACHED SINGLE GARAGE and additional parking (vehicular right-of way access off West Bay Road adjoining the neighbouring property 126).
The house is very located towards the southern end of West Bay Road, a well established and sought-after residential road just to the north of West Bay. The property is within only about 10 minutes walking distance of the coastal resort of West Bay which lies in the beautiful World Heritage Jurassic Coast and features include a picturesque harbour, bathing beaches and a good range of amenities including an 18 hole golf course. There is easy access to the open countryside.
The thriving historic town of Bridport is within only about 1.5 miles with its comprehensive shopping, business and leisure facilities, together with a twice weekly market. Morrisons superstore and the Bridport Leisure Centre are both within about half a mile. The larger centres of Dorchester and Weymouth are both within about 20 - 30 minutes driving distance with main line rail services to London, Waterloo.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67663883.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BRI140264. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, covering Dorset. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.