6 bedroom detached house for saleLower Bognor Road, Lagness, Chichester, West Sussex
- Entrance Porch, Stone Flagged Hall, Cloakroom
- Drawing Room
- Dining Room
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Exterior Utility Room & Store
- 4 Bedrooms, Bathroom
- Cottage Annexe with Sitting/Dining Room with Kitchenette, 2 Bedrooms, Wet Room
- Attractive Courtyard Style Approach with open fronted Garage
- Walled West Facing Terrace & Partially Walled Gardens
- Additional Paddock of some 5 Acres (available by separate negotiation)
Lagnersh House is Listed Grade II and believed to have been built in the 18th century. The house has been the subject of considerable refurbishment and improvement by the present owners, and now provides a light, cheerful family house which has also retained much of the character associated with the period, including open fireplaces, stone flagged floor, exposed beams and large sash windows.
The house is approached from the west by way of a shared private lane with gates opening onto an impressive courtyard style approach. Former brick and flint stables have been converted into a completely self-contained cottage annexe, ideal for guests, extended family or for providing a home and income opportunity through holiday lets.
A beautiful mediterranean style terrace is walled on two sides and looks out to farmland to the west. Behind the house a slate flagged terrace opens onto sheltered lawn with well stocked borders and plenty of mature trees. The garden borders open farmland. Additional paddock of some 5 acres available by separate negotiation.
Lagnersh House lies in a small hamlet surrounded by open farmland on the coastal peninsula within easy travelling distance of Chichester, and some 4 miles from the West Sussex coast. Locally there is a good range of shops at Rose Green and a nearby farm shop in Runcton. Chichester provides a comprehensive range of shopping facilities arranged partly within its pedestrianised centre, together with a wide choice of bars and restaurants. The Arts are well catered for with the internationally renowned Festival Theatre, and the Pallant House Gallery. Nearby, Goodwood is known for its horse racing, but also has a country club, golf course and plays host to the annual Festival of Speed and the Revival of its historic motor circuit.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67719992.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CHI170146. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Chichester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.