5 bedroom detached house for saleHill Road, Clevedon, North Somerset, BS21
- An impressive Grade II listed home of character
- Set back from the road enjoying privacy and seclusion
- Spacious family accommodation over two floors
- Three well appointed reception rooms
- Five bedrooms
- En suite and family bathroom
- Landscaped terraced garden with breath taking Channel views
An elegant and stylish home set in the heart of old town Clevedon.
Being set within the heart of the town, most of what Clevedon offers is accessible within just short walk or drive. The seafront and lovely coastal pathway have much appeal, there is a choice of good supermarkets, independent stores and both primary school and Clevedon Comprehensive school which was rated as outstanding by Ofsted. Many choose Clevedon because of its commuter links, M5 serving the South West and Midlands, excellent rail services available from Yatton train station including direct trains to London Paddington and national, European and long haul flights, from Bristol International Airport.
During the course of the last few years, there has been a significant surge in the popularity of Clevedon, once a sleepy dormitory town to Bristol and a genteel Victorian seaside resort but more latterly noted for its range of shops, bars and restaurants, leafy parks and choice of substantial and well proportioned period homes. Number 65 is a special property being set behind an interior design showroom in the heart of Hill Road affording the home discretion and privacy yet set amongst a choice of prime bars, restaurants and independent shops that this highly sought after enclave of the town offers. The owners have been careful to retain the character and charm that this Georgian home has in abundance and unlike so many homes of this era, the family accommodation is arranged over just two floors. The garden to the rear is certainly steep but a series of steps subdivide the grounds into well thought out and staggered seating areas from which to take in the inspiring and panoramic views across rooftops, trees and the coast beyond. There is no dedicated parking and this is on road only but the owners have found this to work perfectly well and feel that the trade-off of such a central high street location with all the convenience that offers more than compensates for a short stroll to the car.
At ground floor there are two well balanced and beautifully proportioned reception rooms to either side of the welcoming entrance hall with a dedicated cosy dining room set opposite the open plan kitchen/breakfast room with utility area to the rear. A small internal office has been neatly fitted with bespoke office furniture and provides useful space for a computer workstation with shelving above. The five first floor bedrooms radiate off the first floor landing, one with en suite, a further family bathroom and cloakroom at the half landing area.
This is a well loved and most appealing home offering a terrific sense of warmth and individual character.
Square Footage: 2,279 sq ft
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67731400.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference COS140270. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Clifton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.