6 bedroom detached house for saleChideock, Bridport, Dorset, DT6 6JN
- Sitting Room, Dining Room & Study
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room & Utility
- 5 Bedrooms (all en-suite, and dressing room to Master)
- Garden & Parking
- Adjoining one bedroom Annexe
- Additional 3 rooms including games room
An impressive and substantial 5 bedroom detached period house, offering over 3,500 sq. ft. of living accommodation, incorporating an annexe, combined with B&B potential.
** Guide Price £500,000 - £525,000 **
The Castle is a beautiful and substantial detached period house with stone & brick elevations under a slate roof.
Since 2000 the house has been the subject of extensive refurbishment and alteration to bring it up to a very good standard. It offers well proportioned, versatile and extensive accommodation with a whole number of character features including mullion windows, high ceilings, original archways, period fireplaces, quarry tiled flooring, parquet flooring and stripped pine joinery including doors, skirting and staircase. All windows are either double glazed or triple glazed with acoustic glass. The property also benefits from a large parking area for approximately 8 vehicles which could be easily turned into a garden area.
The property would make a fine family home and/or home and income. The main house would be perfect for Bed & Breakfast Accommodation and the annexe would be suitable for long term/holiday lettings or for a family member seeking separate living space from the main house.
THE ANNEXE HOLIDAY LETTING BUSINESS The present owner ran a successful holiday let from the Annexe which was generating in excess of £7,000 per year based on letting for approximately half year. It can be available to potential buyers to include the holiday let website, Facebook page and Airbnb subject to negotiation.
It is considered further improvement could be made to the accommodation from the large games/storage room and the cold store room.
The property is a prominent building set in the heart of this popular West Dorset village, being just a mile from Seatown and the renowned Jurassic coastline and Lyme Bay. Nearby Bridport is a busy market town and popular holiday area with twice weekly markets. The town provides a comprehensive range of shopping and professional facilities, primary and secondary schools, recreational and social amenities.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67737566.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BRI160078. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Symonds & Sampson, Bridport. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.