3 bedroom detached house for saleGrove Lane, Stalbridge, Sturminster Newton, Dorset, DT10 2RD
- Excellent location in middle of the town
- Walking distance to shops and amenities
- Character house with origins believed to be 300 years old
- Fantastic walking and countryside nearby
- No onward chain
- Lovely sitting room with large open fire and exposed beams
- 22' dining room
- Separate staircases to first floor (first floor not linked)
- Ground and first floor bath / shower rooms
- Off-road parking
A detached 3-4 bedroom character house with off-road parking within walking distance of the shops and amenities in the conservation area in the heart of the town.
1 Grove Lane is a period detached house with origins believed to date back 300 years. The house has stone elevations under a pitched tiled roof and is found in an extremely convenient location in the conservation area in the heart of the town. From the front door the accommodation comprises hall with ground floor bathroom off. A door opens into the dining room which is a 23' room with staircase to the first floor, opening to the kitchen and door to sitting room. This is a lovely room with dual aspect, open fire, exposed beams and window seats. The kitchen is an L-shaped room with a range of units, back door to outside and second staircase to the first floor. This staircase leads to bedrooms 3 and 4. The staircase from the dining room leads to a first floor landing with door to the master bedroom and en-suite bathroom with corner shower and bath. The stairs also continue to the second floor and an attic room which although does not have a door has been used as a double bedroom. Outside there is a front garden, parking space, workshop and outbuilding.
The property is approached from Grove Lane on to a shared drive leading to a private off-road parking space for one car. There is a neat front garden enclosed by a stone wall with lawn and flower and shrub borders. A brick built outbuilding with tiled roof makes a useful store with power and light and there is also a timber workshop. The old stone privy is currently used as a tool store.
Stalbridge is Dorsets smallest town boasting a busy traditional High Street with many shops and businesses including post office, butcher, hairdresser, doctors, dentist, cycle shop and busy local supermarket. Many businesses are second or third generation family run and help to provide an excellent community which also has a church and primary school. The market town of Sturminster Newton is approximately 6 miles to the south and the larger towns of Shaftesbury, Sherborne and Wincanton are within a 20 minute drive. Road links are excellent with the A30 at Henstridge and A303 at Wincanton and Templecombe (3.5 miles) has a mainline railway to London Waterloo. The surrounding area has an abundance of good quality schools and some of the finest countryside with excellent walking, cycling and riding. The coast at Bournemouth/Poole is within an hour's drive.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67789838.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference STU160076. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Symonds & Sampson, Sturminster Newton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.