7 bedroom detached house for saleDurford Wood, Petersfield
Eckersley White are pleased to offer for sale this magnificent country house providing circa 11,216 sq ft of spacious, light and airy accommodation. The property has wonderful views South over its approximately 6.6 acres of secluded grounds.
* Five separate reception rooms * Orangery * Open plan kitchen / dining room * Separate caterers kitchen * Utility room * Wine cellar * Seven bedrooms and seven bathrooms * Integral four car garage * Additional detached garage * Outdoor heated swimming pool & pool complex * Tennis court * Breeze house * Tree house *
Durford Wood is a highly prestigious, private residential estate situated just two miles north of Petersfield and made up of a number of substantial houses in large private plots.
Petersfield is a quintessential old market town, set in the picturesqueSouth Downs National Park and offers a comprehensive range of shopping, sportingand leisure facilities. There is a mainline station offering a frequent servicefrom Portsmouth to London Waterloo. The property is also conveniently locatedwith easy access on to the A3 and national motorway network.
Schools in the area are 1st class with ChurchersCollege, Bedales and Highfield all within a short drive.
The property is approached via a large gated driveway located towards the end of a private residential road on the highly prestigious Durford Wood Estate.
The house was originally built in the 1920's and has been remarkably extended and skilfully designed with the principle rooms to the rear of the property to maximise the impact of the impressive views and excellent position.
Key features of the property include:
- An exquisite master suite with an oak framed vaulted ceiling comprising of a master bedroom with Jacuzzi bath and private balcony terrace, his and hers dressing rooms and en-suite facilities.
- A stunning open plan kitchen / dining room with a retractable wine cellar under a feature glass floor as well as a separate caterers kitchen accessed via a discreet door off the dining room.
- Interlinking reception rooms providing a wonderful space to entertain.
- An integral four car garage.
On the outside, the 6.6 acre grounds are located primarily at the rear of the property and consist mainly of landscaped, lawned gardens. There is a superb paved entertaining terrace which spans the entire width of the rear of the property with a feature fire pit. This terrace also leads to an impressive swimming pool complex, complete with two shower rooms, two cloakrooms, a bar area and a hot tub. There is a secondary gated access leading to a large parking area as well as a substantial detached garage / workshop, a paddock and a tennis court.
The property has oil fired under floor heating throughout.
Further attributes include solar panels, private drainage, 'SmartHouse' entertainment systems to main reception rooms, 'Rako' lighting, garden and lawn automatic irrigation system, rain water harvesting and an integrated vacuum system.
Drawing Room: 28'10 x 20'9 (8.79m x 6.32m)
Dining Room: 24'3 x 18'2 (7.39m x 5.54m)
Study: 20'10 x 11'11 (6.35m x 3.63m)
Family Room: 24'8 x 17'11 (7.52m x 5.46m)
Open plan Kitchen / Dining Room: 42' x 22'8 (12.8m x 6.91m)
Media Room: 29'3 x 20' (8.92m x 6.1m)
Orangery: 26'7 x 26'6 (8.1m x 8.08m)
Bedroom 29'7 x 24'4 (9.02m x 7.42m)
Dressing Room 1 19'2 x 9'8 (5.84m x 2.95m) & en-suite bathroom
Dressing Room 2 19'8 x 10'2 (5.99m x 3.1m) & en-suite bathroom.
Five further bedrooms each with en-suite facilities
Bedroom Seven: 14'11 x 13' (4.55m x 3.96m)
Integral four car garage
Additional detached garage and workshop with storage room above
Outdoor heated swimming pool with pool house complex
Magnificent tree house
Grounds of approximately 6.6 acres
The owner of this property is associated with Eckersley White Estate Agents.
Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.
The Agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures and fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for the purpose. A Buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or Surveyor. References to the Tenure of a Property are based on information supplied by the Seller. The Agent has not had sight of the title documents. A Buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor. Items shown in photographs are NOT included unless specifically mentioned within the sales particulars. They may however be available by separate negotiation. Buyers must check the availability of any property and make an appointment to view before embarking on any journey to see a property.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference UEG1648. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Eckersley White, Gosport. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.