Land for saleLeysdown Road, Leysdown-On-Sea, Sheerness
Offers in Region of
- Freehold building & land sale.
- Offered on a subject to planning basis.
- High demand for sea facing homes.
- Main building footprint of c. 6,000 sq ft
- Planning potential for 8/9 Houses.
- Pre app submitted.
- Car park extending to approximately 0.2 acres available under separate negotiation.
- JOINT VENTURE WITH LAND OWNER CONSIDERED.
>>> Residential / Commercial development opportunity <<<
The Building / Land
The property comprises of a substantial building, which we understand is predominantly steel framed. It is considered that the building offers potential for demolition and residential development (Subject to planning consent)
Planning and Potential Development
A pre app has been obtained and it is considered that an application for a number of houses would be considered for the site. Subject to a full application and planning consent.
Further information available upon request.
Location and area.
Merlins Entertainment Complex is located in Kent or more precisely in Leysdown On Sea on the Isle of Sheppey, less than half a mile drive/seven minutes’ walk from the beach. The Island lies off the north Kent coast and is linked to the mainland by the Sheppey Crossing Bridge (A249) which opened in 2006 providing fast links to Sittingbourne and the M2 and M20 motorways.
With a population of nearly 40,000, the Island is also home to a nature reserve and has long been popular with visitors to the attractive bathing beaches and places of historical interest, expanding the number of people to around 100,000 during the holiday months, a good number of those staying in the numerous holiday parks in the area. The Island has seen, and is still seeing, a considerable amount of housing and commercial expansion which is set to continue. Leysdown On Sea is located on the eastern side of the Isle of Sheppey at the end of the B2231, which gives access to other parts of the Island and the other main towns including Minster and Sheerness.
There are excellent communications with the M2 (approximately 12 miles), connecting to the M25 and Channel Ports and the A249 connecting to the M20 (approximately 17 miles) and Maidstone, which in turn links to the International Railway Terminal at Ashford and London (approximately 48 miles).
Local Authority & Rateable value
Rates The business rateable value is £22,500. The actual rate payable for year commencing April 2017 is £10,777.50. The rateable value for the car park is £2,275. We are informed that this is zero rated due to small business rate relief. The accommodation is listed under Council Tax Band A which is £1,064.86 per annum for 2017/18.
Method of Sale
The Property is offered for sale by private treaty / informal tender.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference XPT1001177. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Xpertagents Ltd, UK. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.