2 bedroom terraced house for saleChurch Lane, Sturminster Newton, DT10 1DH
- Character cottage with good sized rooms
- Well presented throughout
- South facing with excellent ceiling heights
- Sought after road in the heart of town
- Easy access to shops and amenities
- Roof terrace with lovely views
- Footpaths with walks along River Stour around the corner
- 2 double bedrooms
- Utility room and rear courtyard
- Top floor study / store
A Grade II listed character cottage with good sized rooms and roof terrace in one of the town's most desirable roads.
Westcott is a mid-terrace Grade II listed cottage of attractive stone elevations under a pitched slate roof situated in the conservation area. It has a tremendous amount of character and charm and is presented in excellent decorative order. The accommodation is laid out over three floors with sitting room at the front being a good size, south facing and lovely and light. Beyond the sitting room is the kitchen/breakfast room which is well equipped with good range of wall mounted and floor standing units, oven with 4-ring induction hob above and extractor over. There is a utility room with space and plumbing for washing machine and a sink. A door to the rear leads to the courtyard. On the first floor there is a landing, double bedroom, spacious bathroom and walk-in cupboard with stairs leading to the second floor to another double bedroom with far-reaching views towards Broad Oak and with French doors opening on to the roof terrace. This is a really delightful place to sit and take in the roof top views over the town. There is also a useful storage room and a cloakroom.
To the rear of the house accessed from the kitchen is a courtyard and from the bedroom on the second floor is the roof terrace which is a delightful private place to sit with views of the town.
Sturminster Newton is a traditional market town. The town has a weekly market on Mondays, a range of shops including traditional butchers and delicatessen, supermarket, bank, cafes, pubs, library, doctor and dental practices, health centre, churches and schools. The town also has an exceptional and active arts centre which provides a wide range of music, theatre and other events, a recreation ground and the surrounding area has some fantastic walking countryside. The larger towns of Blandford Forum, Shaftesbury and Sherborne are within easy reach by road and Gillingham has a main line station to London Waterloo (approximately 2 hours).
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68139875.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference STU170219. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Symonds & Sampson, Sturminster Newton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.