4 bedroom detached house for saleThe Whispers, Downs Hill, Golant, Cornwall
- Detached four bedroom house overlooking estuary.
- New triple garage and further integral garage.
- Large deck with glass balustrade.
- Huge vaulted sitting room with balcony.
- Driveway and large parking area.
- Wide views of Golant and the Fowey Estuary.
- New England style house.
- Moorings available on the Estuary in Golant.
This is an exceptional village house, located in a private position at the top of this riverside village. The house has been extended and renovated to create a large modern 'New England' style home, that has magnificent views of the estuary.
The house is approached up its own drive into a large parking area, where there is a new triple garage. There is also an integral garage below the house. The main garden is to the side of the house, and there is a large wooden deck with glass balustrading overlooking the village's inner harbour and the estuary.
A particular feature of the house is the large, vaulted sitting room with huge bifold doors that open out onto a balcony. This room opens into the kitchen dining room and the study. The master bedroom is spacious with French doors opening onto its own balcony. There is a dressing area fitted with Hammond wardrobes and an ensuite bath/shower room. A spiral staircase leads upto a mezzanine overlooking the estuary.
The house is newly decorated and carpeted and a large triple garage with electric doors has recently been built. Although the house is tucked away at the top of the village, it is a short walk to the harbour where there is easy access onto the water, riverside walks and the village pub.
Location Information The Waterside village of Golant is situated on the West bank of the Fowey River and is a popular place to live with its village pub, riverside walks and waterside location. The village has an inner harbour with boat moorings which gives access onto the estuary. The harbour town of Fowey is approximately four miles by road and under two by boat. The main A390 serving St Austell, Truro and Plymouth is within easy reach and there are main line railway stations at Par and Lostwithiel.
Property ref: 121_903_4424688
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68160542.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4424688. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fowey River Estate Agency, Cornwall. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.