5 bedroom detached house for saleHarpenden Road, Wheathampstead, St. Albans, Hertfordshire, AL4
- Extensive grounds with formal gardens & paddock, in all 8.620 acres (3.489 ha)
- 8 reception rooms
- kitchen with breakfast area
- utility room
- 2 cloakrooms
- 5 bedrooms (2 with dressing areas & 3 with en suites)
- family bathroom
- indoor swimming pool with sauna & gym
A substantial Grade II Listed country house with excellent leisure facilities, fabulous far reaching views, all set in grounds totalling 8.6 acres
Harpenden High Street with mainline station (St Pancras International from 22 minutes) - 2.3 miles
St Albans City with mainline station (St Pancras International from 18 minutes) - 4.8 miles
Central London - 26.6 miles
Wheathampstead village centre - 1 mile
A1M - 4.5 miles
M1(J.9) - 6 miles
London Luton Airport - 6.4 miles
The historic village of Wheathampstead lies about 1 mile away, whilst the town of Harpenden lies 2.3 miles to the east and St Albans 4.8 miles to the south. Wheathampstead offers a good range of day to day shops, pubs and a Tesco Express, whilst Harpenden, with its distinctly village feel, offers a range of supermarkets, numerous boutiques and traditional independent shops, restaurants, bars and bistros.
Harpenden and St Albans are renowned for their excellent private and state schools. There are numerous leisure and sporting facilities in both towns. For the commuter, Harpenden and St Albans provide mainline stations, with fast and frequent train services into St Pancras International from 22 and 18 minutes respectively.
Road communications are excellent with the M1 being just 6 miles distant and the A1M being 4.5 miles distant. Both motorways provide a direct link to the M25.
Summary of accommodation
Entrance hall, sitting room, study/office, library, orangery, sun room, snug, kitchen, breakfast area, utility room, 2 cloakrooms, cellar
Master bedroom with dressing room & en suite bath & shower room & spiral staircase down to orangery, bedroom 2 with en suite bathroom, bedroom 3 with en suite bathroom & dressing area, 2 further bedrooms, family bathroom,
Formal gardens with sun terrace and built in BBQ
Extensive grounds with adjoining ring fenced paddock, large timber framed outbuilding/garaging, in all 8.620 acres (3.489 ha)
Indoor heated swimming pool, gymnasium, sauna/shower/changing room, play room, music room
Easements, Wayleaves and Rights of Way
The property is offered for sale subject to any public or private rights of way and any easements and wayleaves, whether referred to in these particulars or not.
Mains electricity, water and gas
St Albans District Council - 01727 866100
Strictly by appointment with Savills
Acreage: 8.6 Acres
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68167187.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LAC170072. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Harpenden. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.