4 bedroom detached house for saleDial Post, Horsham, West Sussex
- Whitefoots House: Entrance/dining hall, Drawing room
- 42ft vaulted family kitchen/sitting room, separate chefs kitchen
- 2 cloakrooms, utility room, boot room
- Master bedroom with en suite bathroom, 3 further bedrooms (2 en suite), family bathroom.
- Blackfoots Cottage: 28ft kitchen/breakfast room, Utility
- Drawing room, Dining room
- Master bedroom with en suite
- 2 further bedrooms (with en suite wet rooms), 2 cloakrooms.
- Greyfoots: Garaging, office, store, greenhouses.
- Gardens, and grounds in all about 10.16 acres, including stabling and paddock.
The main house is a beautifully presented family home incorporating an ancient farmhouse with a new contemporary twist; sympathetically extended by the current owners, the house is presented for sale in immaculate order, with under floor heating throughout, modern bathrooms, light and spacious reception rooms, charming kitchen/family room entwined with a spacious sitting room with minstrel’s gallery.
The property is detached from the main house, and has been designed and finished to an equivalently high standard with stunning drawing room and minstrel’s gallery, cloakroom, dining/family room integrating with a light and spacious 28ft kitchen/breakfast room with separate utility, boot and cloakrooms; master bedroom suite with French doors onto a balcony, two further bedrooms, one with balcony and each having ensuite wet rooms.
This is a substantial outbuilding of over 4,000 sq ft., newly built to a high specification with insulated roof, at present comprising exceptional garaging with electric doors, two separate stores, office, mezzanine and bespoke greenhouses to flank walls. Greyfoots flexible accommodation could easily be adapted to provide a gymnasium, home cinema, playroom, as well as garaging for several cars (subject to the necessary consents.) The gardens are a particular feature of the property being well maintained and mainly laid to lawn and interspersed with well stocked herbaceous borders and mature specimen trees. The gardens are contained within post and rail fencing with views over the adjacent paddocks. The property is accessed via electric gates and a sweeping driveway which splits to provide a secondary driveway to Greyfoots and Blackfoots Cottage. To the side of the entrance gates is a charming Coach House containing a stable and substantial stand by oil fired generator should the need arise.
Set in a unique, peaceful and very private yet accessible position, surrounded by 5,000 acres of open farmland of the Lock Estate, the property is accessed via metalled and unmade roads leading to both the villages of Partridge Green and Dial Post.
The latter with its village hall and green, and popular public house - The Crown Inn is just over a mile to the west. The village of Partridge Green is about two miles distant to the east with its celebrated butchers, garage, and Co – Op convenience store providing everyday necessities, alongside GP’s and veterinary surgeries.
The mainline station at Horsham with services to London Victoria/London Bridge (about 56 minutes/55 minutes respectively) is nine miles to the north up the A24. The A24 also provides access to the south coast and connections to the A23/M23 for Gatwick (23 miles), the M25 and national motorway network. Sports enthusiasts can enjoy golf at West Sussex Golf Club, horse racing at Goodwood and Fontwell, show jumping at Hickstead, sailing at Chichester and miles of footpaths and bridle paths surrounding Whitefoots which connect to the South Downs Way and National Park. There are also excellent schools in the area, including Christ’s Hospital, Millais, Farlington, Steyning Grammar, Cottesmore, Windlesham and Lancing College.
Culturally, Whitefoots is accessible to Chichester Festival Theatre and Pallant House Gallery (23 miles), Brighton theatres and museums (19 miles), Horsham and Worthing theatres (9 and 13 miles respectively) and Glyndebourne Opera (32 miles).
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68176915.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LEW160081. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, National Country House Department. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.