5 bedroom semi-detached house for sale33 Spylaw Road, Edinburgh, EH10 5BN
By app tel Agent 0131 247 1010
A most impressive ﬁve bedroom semi-detached house, part of a substantial Victorian villa, set within landscaped garden grounds in one of Edinburgh’s most sought after residential areas. The property beneﬁts from spacious and ﬂexible accommodation over two ﬂoors, surrounded by stunning mature South-facing gardens with views towards the Pentland Hills. The separate studio in the rear garden could be used for a variety of purposes. The common driveway and single garage provide ample off street parking.
The highly coveted residential area of Merchiston, located to the South of the city centre, is characterised by broad tree-lined avenues and substantial properties set within large gardens. The local amenities of Bruntsﬁeld and Morningside are close at hand, offering an extensive range of convenience shops, bars and restaurants as well as banks, post offices, and branches of Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose. The wide open spaces of Bruntsﬁeld Links, The Meadows and the Union Canal Walkway are all close by, with Blackford Hill and the Hermitage of Braid within a few minutes drive. As well as easy access to the city bus network, there is a wide choice of quality golf courses nearby while the city bypass links to Edinburgh International Airport, Forth Road Bridges and the national motorway network. The property is well placed for excellent schooling in both the state and private sectors, and is adjacent to George Watson’s College with Merchiston Castle School only a short distance away. Also close by are Napier and Edinburgh Universities.
All fitted floor coverings, light fittings (except the ceiling fitting in the dining room), curtains, blinds, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer and all other integrated kitchen appliances are included in the sale price.
- Impressive semi-detached house
- Highly desirable location
- Entrance vestibule
- Large hallway with storage
- Bright sitting room with sliding windows
- Family room with smokeless fuel fireplace
- Spacious dining room
- Fitted kitchen with exposed beams and breakfast bar overlooking garden
- Large pantry located off the kitchen
- Bathroom with three piece suite
- Master bedroom with ensuite shower room
- Two further double and two single bedrooms
- Gas central heating and double glazing
- Surrounded by stunning, extensive gardens
- Garden studio and greenhouse
- Garage and parking area from driveway
- EPC Rating E
"Impressive semi-detached house located in the highly desirable are of Merchiston. With excellent recreational facilities, good schooling and easy access to the city centre, this would make a wonderful family home."
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68186540.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 76440. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Morton Fraser, Edinburgh. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.