4 bedroom detached house for saleBagshot Road, Chobham, Woking, Surrey, GU24
- Grade II* listed manor house
- Totally modernised internally
- Retaining period features
- 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
- Principle suite with bathroom & dressing room
- Large kitchen/breakfast room, separate laundry
- Self contained annexe on 2nd floor
- Garaging & landscaped grounds
- Stunning specification throughout
Grade II* Listed Family Home
Brook Place was constructed around the middle of the 17th century and has been heavily influenced by Flemish architects, as you can see from the attractive Dutch styled gables and brick work. The current owners have very recently completed an extensive refurbishment programme and the property is now beautifully presented with a touch of contemporary flare. Of particular note is the stunning new kitchen/breakfast room which opens out though bi-fold doors onto the sun terrace. The bathrooms have all been re-fitted with designer fittings and carefully selected lighting. There is a fully fitted kitchen on the 2nd floor, which means that this area could be used as a self-contained apartment. There has been extensive work carried out on heating, plumbing and electrics. History books tell us that in 1648 there was an Elizabethan house on the site which was given to Edward Bray by King Charles I as a reward for raising a troop of horses during the English Civil War. That house is thought to have partially burnt down in 1648 being replaced by the then owner Willian Beauchamp who imported the bricks that we see now from Holland by barge. The dining room has some wonderful carved panelling believed to have come from a property owned by the Flemish Baroque artist Peter Paul Rubens.
A driveway provides additional parking and leads to the attached double garage. To the rear of the house is a detached building currently used as a home office and behind is a large garden store room. The extensive terrace is a real sun trap with a southerly aspect and working well, and has been professionally landscaped. The remainder of the garden is laid to lawn interspersed with and bordered by a variety of mature plants and trees. In total the plot extends to approx. 1.2 acres.
'Brook Place' is located a few minutes’ drive from Chobham and within easy access of excellent shopping and entertainment facilities of Camberley, Guildford or Woking. In addition there is easy access to a mainline railway station at Woking or Brookwood, the M3 at Lightwater, the M25 at Chertsey, and the A30.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68259428.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CHO170272. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Waterfords, Chobham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.