4 bedroom barn conversion for saleChurch Lane, Piddletrenthide, Dorchester, Dorset
- Sitting Room with Open Fireplace
- Dining Hall
- Kitchen Breakfast Room with Aga
- Garden Room
- Master Bedroom with Ensuite WC
- Second Bedroom and Further Bedroom
- Galleried Study/Landing
- The Stables Guest Annexe with two Further Bedrooms and Shower Room
- Open Fronted Garaging for two cars
- Workshop and Walled Gardens
The Barn is a charming and attractive residence of stone and cob elevation, built under a thatched roof. The property is Grade II listed, as well as being situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural and a Conservation Area. The interior is stylish, light and airy, and makes the most of the original features of the building including exposed timbers and the use of material sympathetic to the original.
The sitting and garden rooms adjoin, and are easily merged for entertaining and can be used on a winter and summer sitting room format. The kitchen/breakfast room has an extensive range of solid oak units with integrated hob with electric oven under, oil fired two oven Aga in an attractive brick alcove with oak beam, integrated dishwasher, microwave/oven, integrated fridge/freezer and space and plumbing for a washing machine and tumble dryer.
There is a spectacular galleried oak staircase leading to a galleried landing which lends itself to a study/sitting area. On the first floor, the master bedroom has exposed timbers and an ensuite WC. On this floor there is a further bedroom and well fitted bathroom.
The Stables Guest Annexe
Set across a gravelled courtyard is The Stables guest annexe converted from the original 17th century cart lodge. The accommodation comprises an entrance hall with ceramic floor, two double bedrooms and a shower room with tiled cubicle, WC, wash hand basin and tiled floor. This would be suitable for a dependent relative, accommodation for older children or for use as an office/studio for those working from home.
An attractive brick and flint wall forms the boundary on the lane with a pair of solid gates set on brick pillars opening to a gravelled courtyard, parking and turning area. Adjacent is a two bay open fronted garage, with a third bay giving access to the workshop with stainless steel sink, range of cupboards, worktops, work bench, light, power, double aspect windows.
The gardens surround the barn on three sides and are well stocked with a variety of plants and shrubs providing colour throughout the seasons with areas of lawn set behind brick and flint walling. Parts of the gardens view the church and there is an archway with attractive iron gate providing pedestrian access to the lane. The gardens fully compliment the peaceful setting and house.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SHE170045. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Sherborne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.